Trump's America

zoogs

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve been trying to tell him this for ages. Hating/disliking someone does not require bias. If 99 out of 100 people on Huskerboard think Stalin was an a$$h@!e, it doesn’t mean we need to bring in some people to balance us out.

OH SO TRUMP IS THE SAME AND JUST AS BAD AS STALIN? GIVE ME A BREAK MAN!

JguU.gif

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

OH SO TRUMP IS THE SAME AND JUST AS BAD AS STALIN? GIVE ME A BREAK MAN!

JguU.gif

I have a friend of a friend who uses this type of argument for literally everything. Vaccines, politics, nutrition, etc. 

She was defensively responding to my friend’s post about a diet being bad for people, and the defense of the diet was it caused weight loss. So I posted an article on the diet which explained how weight loss is not a key measurement of how healthy a diet is and it compared it to some other diet I don’t recall the name of. I’ll say it’s starvation but it wasn’t even crazy weird.

And she replies something like “OH SO THE DIET IS LIKE STARVING TO DEATH GIMME A BREAK!”

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Roughly 50% of the country loves Trump. I count two of us here, out of a few dozen posters, who are even willing to to even listen to him and haven’t decided he’s some combination of Satan and Hitler.

What passes for “discussion” here is pathetic. My guess is there are discussion boards in North Korea that involve more independent thinking. :lol:

I did find it surprising that some of the most articulate and unified rejection of Trump came on a Nebraska football fan site.

Gives me hope for my home state.

But since the numbers don't add up, I'll have to assume Trump supporters feel they've either been chased away or they don't have the stomach for a debate.

Again, I would personally prefer that Ric not be banned. Honestly don't recall him abusing the TOS any more than I have. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I did find it surprising that some of the most articulate and unified rejection of Trump came on a Nebraska football fan site.

Gives me hope for my home state.

But since the numbers don't add up, I'll have to assume Trump supporters feel they've either been chased away or they don't have the stomach for a debate.

Again, I would personally prefer that Ric not be banned. Honestly don't recall him abusing the TOS any more than I have. 

It’s easier to complain about the indefensible than defend it. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve been trying to tell him this for ages. Hating/disliking someone does not require bias. If 99 out of 100 people on Huskerboard think Stalin was an a$$h@!e, it doesn’t mean we need to bring in some people to balance us out.

Stalin killed millions of his own people and millions more from other countries. Trump tweets things you find offensive. So they're identical...good call.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Stalin killed millions of his own people and millions more from other countries. Trump tweets things you find offensive. So they're identical...good call.

I've explained this to you before.

I'm not saying Trump is like Stalin. I'm saying the idea that people are being unfair or biased because there aren't an equal number of people supporting/against Trump is not based in reality or on any understanding of what those words mean.

I used Stalin as an example because it should be an easy example to help anyone to understand.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I've explained this to you before.

I'm not saying Trump is like Stalin. I'm saying the idea that people are being unfair or biased because there aren't an equal number of people supporting/against Trump is not based in reality or on any understanding of what those words mean.

I used Stalin as an example because it should be an easy example to help anyone to understand.

he is willfully missing that point...or so blinded by his trumpism that he CAN'T see that point.