Trump's America

zoogs

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Bubble Board desperately needs some conservative or independent voices. Every thread lately is a bunch of like-minded Trump haters talking anout how much they hate Trump.

#SAD

Its funny because when Obama was president we had mixed opinions, a lot of the same people you call liberals on this board are conservatives. I guess we all just agree Trump is a terrible president and human being and when the GOP elects a decent president you will see those same people in agreement with republicans most of the time. 

• Plus1 4
35 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Its funny because when Obama was president we had mixed opinions, a lot of the same people you call liberals on this board are conservatives. I guess we all just agree Trump is a terrible president and human being and when the GOP elects a decent president you will see those same people in agreement with republicans most of the time. 

Roughly 50% of the country loves Trump. I count two of us here, out of a few dozen posters, who are even willing to to even listen to him and haven’t decided he’s some combination of Satan and Hitler.

What passes for “discussion” here is pathetic. My guess is there are discussion boards in North Korea that involve more independent thinking. :lol:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Roughly 50% of the country loves Trump. I count two of us here, out of a few dozen posters, who are even willing to to even listen to him and haven’t decided he’s some combination of Satan and Hitler.

What passes for “discussion” here is pathetic. My guess is there are discussion boards in North Korea that involve more independent thinking. :lol:

Would you also call a Donald Trump fan site where 99% of content was Pro Trump "pathetic" for it's lack of liberal perspective? Or is it only pathetic because your side isn't represented well enough and it's triggering?

And no, roughly 50% of the country does not love Trump. Less than 20% of the country voted for Trump, and only 42% approve of him currently. Voting for someone doesn't mean you love them. Approving of them also doesn't mean you love them. So I imagine the number would be somewhere between or lower than 20-42% of America.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

riiiggghhhttt.....this is north korea here.   talk about hyperbole.  ^

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I would hesitate to say, during the election, that 50% LOVED Trump.   I'd venture a guess it was closer to 15% loved Trump, 5% vote Republican no matter what, and roughly 30% hated Clinton.   Of course, this is all my opinion from what I see.  There's not a lot of love for Trump, there's still a lot of hate towards Clinton.   Even now, from those that I know who voted against Clinton, they regret voting for Trump, and wished they would have voted 3rd party.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, sho said:

I would hesitate to say, during the election, that 50% LOVED Trump.   I'd venture a guess it was closer to 15% loved Trump, 5% vote Republican no matter what, and roughly 30% hated Clinton.   Of course, this is all my opinion from what I see.  There's not a lot of love for Trump, there's still a lot of hate towards Clinton.   Even now, from those that I know who voted against Clinton, they regret voting for Trump, and wished they would have voted 3rd party.

You’re understating Trump support, which is still around 45% without Clinton in the picture.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You’re understating Trump support, which is still around 45% without Clinton in the picture.

You can say that, and in the same time I could say you are grossly overstating his support.  We could both pull out polls that validate our point.  And perhaps you are right, but from my own eyes and ears, the people I come into contact with, I would not say there's not a lot of 'love' for Trump.  Even in a fairly conservative area, the love for Trump is around 15%, those are the ones that truly believe in what he is doing.  Any of his other supporters start with 'But Clinton...' and that's not supporting Trump, that's hating on Clinton or Obama.  I suspect it's not the love of Trump, it's the disagreement with Dems (Clinton especially) that leads to people "supporting" Trump.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't mean to disagree on everything, but I would have gone with Sauron and Mussolini here. 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

I’ve been trying to tell him this for ages. Hating/disliking someone does not require bias. If 99 out of 100 people on Huskerboard think Stalin was an a$$h@!e, it doesn’t mean we need to bring in some people to balance us out.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Actually, you are still over stating it.  It's more like 42%.  I think he's also the first President in a long time that has had over 50% disapproval rating for basically his entire time in office.

So...over half the people in the US disapprove of Trump....and, you're upset that the majority of people here disapprove of him.

Interesting.

LINK

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Your math is bad, and/or your definition of “love” is wrong. In every way your math is bad here. A lot less than 50% love Trump and more than 2 who post on the forum like Trump. Less than 50% of voters love Trump. A smaller share of the population loves him. 

• Plus1 3