Trump's America

zoogs

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Does Trump really not understand that the media isn't really reporting on his "original Tweet but his reaction to being corrected by the Alabama Weather Service and the ongoing ridiculousness that it entails???

No.  

Malignant narcissist.

Narcissists get very angry and are willing to humiliate others at the most minor offenses.

For example, if a malignant narcissist is telling an exaggerated story about an extreme adventure that they went on and someone questions the validity of the story, the narcissist would be prone to making a counterattack.

In this case, the narcissist might fight back by saying something like, “How would you know, it's not like you have the money to take the kinds of trips that I take.”

Because narcissists have a hyper-sensitive and fragile ego, they have to convince people that they are always right.

The worst part of trying to win at all costs is that it usually involves cheating or hurting other people. However, this doesn't bother malignant narcissists.

They have such a deep-seated need to be right and to be the best that their very survival depends on it. They will not give up until they have torn other people down to make themselves feel (and appear to be) superior.

They will do whatever they have to do to prevent themselves from experiencing loss, failure, or inconvenience.

Narcissists are often deceitful to get personal profit or pleasure, including power, money, and sex.

They regularly lie, malinger, con people, and are known to use aliases to get their needs met.

Additionally, many will become enraged if their lies are challenged by truth or facts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Trump is as much of an idiot as we all understand but is far more cunning and deceptive than most anyone believes. We're all playing into his hands paying attention to this s#!t and letting it have its time to shine and dominate in the social media world. 

It's actually really important and a big deal that he's the type of person who would do this. The reason being, it means he's this type of person about much more important things.

The problem is this is no different than the inauguration fiasco. If we didn't know who he was long before he became president, we knew on day 2. No one who didn't think that was a big deal would think this hurricane thing is a big deal. No one who thought that was a big deal would not think the hurricane thing is a big deal. So making another big thing out of this doesn't really do anything. It should be commented on so we know it happened, but not a major focus of the media.

And I think you're right, even if it's all an accident on his part and I think it might be. He is a child. It still works in his favor because his followers think the media is making a huge deal over nothing. When in fact it is a big deal that he's lying, and has such a huge ego that he can't be wrong about a tiny thing that doesn't matter. A person fit for the presidency would have laughed it off and it would've been nothing. But again, this has happened before and we all know this is what he is.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

There was a time in my Republican single life where I would have said....”damn she’s on the market”. 

Then I realized stupid is not sexy. 

Pfft, I learned that when I was 13 and this boy I had a crush on was terrible at sledding and flattened my inner tube. But I guess that's nonathletic, not stupid.