Trump's America

zoogs

This Barr thing is terrible and I’m 100% nit surprised, other than this is supposedly an annual party he throws for friends and family and it’s a $30k tab annually.   $30,000.  Just how much do you have to earn to spend that every year for relatives you don’t like?

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

This Barr thing is terrible and I’m 100% nit surprised, other than this is supposedly an annual party he throws for friends and family and it’s a $30k tab annually.   $30,000.  Just how much do you have to earn to spend that every year for relatives you don’t like?

Maybe he actually likes them...

4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

That makes sense then, $30k is about what I spend on my fam at the holidays.

I really don't care how much someone else spends on their family.  It works out to be about $150 per person.  That's not outlandish at a place like that.  If you factor in, food, drinks...etc.  Heck, if everyone is staying there, it's a hell of a deal.

This seems like a situation where people are trying to create controversy where there isn't any.

• Thanks 1

Any public servant that can drop that kind of money annually raises suspicions.   If it’s not nefarious (whether you’re Looking at who he is paying and what that may or may not signify or how someone in his role gets that kind of cash) it’s in poor taste and bad optics..  Similar to Mr Cavanaugh's credit card and mortgage payoff.  

Mr Barr is a smart man, an experienced DC insider.  Would have made sense to have his bash at the VFW while he is in this highly visible office which requires a focus on ethics.   But he believes he is above scrutiny - obviously.  

One of my first bosses posed to me early in my career “would you be embarrassed if xyz that you are doing was published in the paper tomorrow?”  If the answer is yes (and this should have been a big one) it’s best to not do it.   Appearances matter,.

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Any public servant that can drop that kind of money annually raises suspicions.   If it’s not nefarious (whether you’re Looking at who he is paying and what that may or may not signify or how someone in his role gets that kind of cash) it’s in poor taste and bad optics..  Similar to Mr Cavanaugh's credit card and mortgage payoff.  

Mr Barr is a smart man, an experienced DC insider.  Would have made sense to have his bash at the VFW while he is in this highly visible office which requires a focus on ethics.   But he believes he is above scrutiny - obviously.  

One of my first bosses posed to me early in my career “would you be embarrassed if xyz that you are doing was published in the paper tomorrow?”  If the answer is yes (and this should have been a big one) it’s best to not do it.   Appearances matter,.

Naa....Someone his age and his work experience, should be a able to afford $30,000 for something.  A heck of a lot of weddings of people who have much lower jobs cost almost that.  This is a big nothing burger as far as I'm concerned.  

I'm not a fan of his by any stretch of the imagination.  But, there's a lot worse to get panties in a wad about.

• Thanks 1

I agree that this isn't really a big deal as far as Barr is concerned.  But his "situation" wouldn't even have the possibility of being a "situation" if Trump actually divested from his properties.  If he was spending $30,000 of his personal funds for a ball room at the Hilton for a private party, it wouldn't have made the news.  Even on a slow day.

Just sayin'....

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What the holy F***?

Question.  At what point in time do military people start to not support him?

There are no words to say -  I'd love for the military to go over to the WH -  lock him in chains in the deepest prison we have.  There are no people of reason left in the admin - they follow dear Leader lockstep and have all thrown their brains out the window.  This disaster can't get over quick enough.   January 20 2021 needs to be circled as a day of celebration and deliverance from our Cult Leader president.  I hope the Dems find enough dirt on him which creates such a public outcry that the GOP has to go along wt removing him from office (One could only wish)

• Thanks 1