Repealing the ACA under Trump

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cbo-obamacare-repeal-insurance/2017/03/13/id/778475/

Similar link discussing the CBO #s. I think you can but a fork in the current version. People on the left and people on the right don't like what little is known. My understanding is that they have to do part of us via the reconciliation process and part of it via new legislation (such as erasing state lines for insurance companies).

Besides Trump, I think everyone is finding out that 'this is more complicated than what we thought'. Well that is what happens when you don't work on a plan during the past #s of years and then try to create one in the 1st 100 days of an administration. :facepalm:

^^^ It's 24 million by 2026 when you account for the gutting of Medicaid.

It is definitely a tax cut for the rich. They're doing away with taxes the ACA passed on the highest earners to finance healthcare for others.

Also:

^^^ My dad is in this tax bracket. He doesn't make a whole lot of money. He's currently providing insurance for the rest of my family. Needless to say, I am worried.

So 24 million 14 million people lose health insurance so the rich can get nobody can get a tax break.

Can a conservative out there come reconcile this for me?

FIFY.

24 million would lose health insurance within the decade, 14 million within the next year!

It won't happen, but if Dems did this, they wouldn't lose an election for a long time.

Depends who they run. I'd have voted for just about anyone other than Hillary last time around. I liked Obama well enough, but not Bernie, not... really anyone else they've run in the past 30 years.

Knapp - who else would you vote for if you could pick one? I would have voted for Webb vs Trump - in a heart beat. There are a few others but the Dems are going crazy left. I keep saying it and I said it to my wife the other day, I may be an independent by the next election.

Regarding the wedge issues - which abortion is to many and guns are to many, - these are very important moral issues to many. So the wedge will remains for most people. However, sometimes one has to wake up and realize that the one who is holding you on 'their plantation' with the promise of taking care of the wedge will never to anything about it. For me abortion is a moral issue - esp late term abortion. However, the repubs in congress tend to be all smoke and mirrors. And if they aren't ever going to do anything about it, then I need to look at secondary issues as to who I may support. I also know that the president via SC nominees has some power to deal with the issue but ultimately it rests wt the SC and then potentially with the states. So speaking for myself, I have to look at my congressman as hving little bearing on the issue, I should not feel obligated to stay on his plantation and just consider the best candidate for the overall welfare of the country and my state.

^^^ It's 24 million by 2026 when you account for the gutting of Medicaid.

It is definitely a tax cut for the rich. They're doing away with taxes the ACA passed on the highest earners to finance healthcare for others.

Also:

^^^ My dad is in this tax bracket. He doesn't make a whole lot of money. He's currently providing insurance for the rest of my family. Needless to say, I am worried.

that would be a disaster to everyone's finances

So 24 million 14 million people lose health insurance so the rich can get nobody can get a tax break.

Can a conservative out there come reconcile this for me?

FIFY.

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/costestimate/americanhealthcareact_0.pdf

"the increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number under current law would rise to 21 million in 2020 and then to 24 million in 2026."

See the above post about the tax break.

• Fire 1

None of this should be any surprise to anybody paying attention to the arguments in the health care debate. It's like knapp said. What on earth did we think the GOP plan would be, if not reduction in care and a downward shift of the financial burden?

This was always the dream. Heck. Some Republicans would argue (and are) that this doesn't go far enough.

You guys happy to vote for Republican Senators and Representatives, for "balance" or whatever other considerations, you wanted this. Or at least you voted for it.

• Fire 1

I remain baffled that anyone is a Republican when they work harder than anyone to oppress anyone but the 1%. The Democrats at least seem to have a little, infinitesimally small bit of good intentions, but the Republicans just seem downright evil, hate the citizens of our country and want to make their lives hell.