Big10 Race and a little CFP tidbit.

2 weeks to go.

WEST (5 are still alive)

Wisconsin (@Purdue, vs Minnesota) - Win out = "Indy"

Nebraska (vs Maryland, @ Iowa) - Win out and a Wisconsin loss = "Indy"

Minnesota (vs NW, @Wisconsin) - Win out and NU lose twice, and Iowa loss to Illinois = "Indy"

Iowa (@ Illinois, vs Nebraska) - Win out and Wiscy lose twice = "Indy"

Northwestern (@ Minnesota, vs Illinois) - Win out and Wiscy lose twice, NU lose twice = "Indy"

EAST (3 alive)

Michigan (vs Indiana, @ Ohio St) - Win out = "Indy"

Penn State (@ Rutgers, vs Michigan St) - Win out and Michigan loss = "Indy"

Ohio State (@ Michigan St, vs Michigan) - Win out and Penn State loss = "Indy"

-------------------------------

The dilemma on the CFP is that Ohio State could win out, and Penn State end up going to Indy and beating Wisconsin...what does the committee do? In my opinion. Ohio State is the new #2 team but still on the outside looking in. Unless it they take 2 from the Big10.

May have 3 conference champions with 2 losses. (Pac12, Big10, and Big12)

• Fire 3

The committee just CANNOT put OSU in and leave PSU out though without risk of setting a precedent of making the regular season and conference championships irrelevant.

It's one of those things that even though the subjective point is the better way to go, the objective can't be ignored because of the process.

If Wisconsin wins the title, then OSU has a better argument because they beat Wisconsin head to head. Ohio State NEEDED Michigan to win out till their game in Columbus.

The committee has never said the conference championship is the only factor. If it was there wouldn't be a committee. So yes they can put OSU in ahead of PSU. And it absolutely does not mean the conference championships don't matter. They are a very important factor among other factors. OSU very well could get in without winning it. The only reason this was an issue once is there were 5 teams with good arguments for going. But OSU had won their championship and Baylor/TCU had not.

OSU and those teams had identical records. OSU and PSU do not. Louisville/Clemson and PSU do not.

Winning the conference championship is very important but so is the number of losses. We don't know what weight is put on those things because they were comparing 2 1-loss teams before and considered which 1-loss team had won a conference championship.

I'm not saying PSU won't make it in but I find it unlikely no Big Ten team would make it in as long as there are no more big upsets.

• Fire 1

The committee has never said the conference championship is the only factor. If it was there wouldn't be a committee. So yes they can put OSU in ahead of PSU. And it absolutely does not mean the conference championships don't matter. They are a very important factor among other factors. OSU very well could get in without winning it. The only reason this was an issue once is there were 5 teams with good arguments for going. But OSU had won their championship and Baylor/TCU had not.

OSU and those teams had identical records. OSU and PSU do not. Louisville/Clemson and PSU do not.

Winning the conference championship is very important but so is the number of losses. We don't know what weight is put on those things because they were comparing 2 1-loss teams before and considered which 1-loss team had won a conference championship.

I'm not saying PSU won't make it in but I find it unlikely no Big Ten team would make it in as long as there are no more big upsets.

PSU has head to head AS WELL. Theres the problem.

PSU has head to head and be the conference champion. PSU would have to get in too. If they don't, then I'll quit watching CFB. Because what else could PSU do?

PSU has head to head and be the conference champion. PSU would have to get in too. If they don't, then I'll quit watching CFB. Because what else could PSU do?

That's why I mentioned Clemson/Louisville. It's a good argument. But what else could they do was not lose 2 games.

If Clemson loses the ACC championship and PSU wins the B1G, I think Louisville would go ahead of PSU.

I agree. You either include both teams or neither team.

The only way I see putting Penn State in the playoff is if they were to completely demolish their opponent in Indy.

Let's say they play Wisconsin (let's be honest - the most likely scenario) and win 20-17. Assuming Ohio State wins out, you put Ohio State in the playoff.

I also don't have a big issue with putting in Ohio State over Penn State. Yes, Penn State has the head-to-head win and could have the conference championship, but I think Ohio State has the more impressive resume. Ohio State would have one fewer loss, quality wins against Michigan and Wisconsin (although Penn State could have a win over Wisconsin) and a big non-conference win against Oklahoma (who could end up winning the Big 12). Penn State has a non-conference loss to Pittsburgh (currently 6-4) and a blowout loss against Michigan.

Win against Pitt and/or Michigan? :dunno

And let's see if Wisky gets past Minny first (and we get past Iowa, for that matter) and if tOSU can upend Michigan. Lot of football left to be played.

Plus...if we get in versus Penn State...I really like our chances against PSU.

So you are going to set the precedent (as did the BCS), that a conference championship doesn't matter.

That is so bogus on so many levels. Not the way I envisioned a playoff to work. Takes all the objective out, and puts ONLY subjective in.

If conference championships don't matter, that only furthers the argument for Baylor and TCU in 2014. But now everyone is switching how they think.

• Fire 2

So you are going to set the precedent (as did the BCS), that a conference championship doesn't matter.

That is so bogus on so many levels. Not the way I envisioned a playoff to work. Takes all the objective out, and puts ONLY subjective in.

If conference championships don't matter, that only furthers the argument for Baylor and TCU in 2014. But now everyone is switching how they think.

Conference championships do matter, but they shouldn't be the only criteria. The CFP committee should look at the entire resume of the teams.

By your thought, the only games that would matter are the conference games.