Big10 Race and a little CFP tidbit.

I personally would rather not ever have two teams from one conference in a 4 team playoff, and they should also try to not put teams that played each other in the season

There have been several years that the top 4 teams in the country include 2 from the same conference. Didn't the big8 have 3 back in the day? (NU, OU, CU)

Also early non conference losses from 2 top 4 teams playing should not effect the potential rematch at the end of the season.

The committe always says their the number 1 goal is to get the best 4 teams "at the end of the season" - with the amount of injuries and momentum in football this is important.

There are two very legitimate schools of thought on this and I've probable fallen on both sides at one time or another.

1) Pick the best 4 teams, period. Makes sense.

Not so fast my friend... Those 4 teams could have been in the playoff automatically had they won all of their games. If they have a loss, that's on them.

2) Pick the best 4 teams, given that they haven't already played each other during the season. This also makes sense. OSU and PSU have already settled it on the field. Louisville and Clemson have already settled it on the field. On top of that the team who lost the first game seems to have a big psychological advantage in the game. If they win, it's not necessarily because they're the better team. I think I remember one game where a team went 2-0. Stanford over UCLA.

Pepperidge farm remembers 2001

Nebraska fans arguing the merit of a team not winning the conference championship game (or even a participant) in the playoff/National Championship is a little hypocritical. Just saying.

Not sure why you feel this way?

As a CFB fan, speculation as to what may or could happen, is part of that.

IMO. Michigan wins over OSU and the conversation is done right?

Nope, If Michigan wins over OSU, OSU is out of the conversation, but it's not the end of what will happen with Michigan. If they then lose to Wisconsin or us in the B1G, they would be out as well, right? So does Wisconsin get in? If we were to win, we are no way getting into the CFP but Wisconsin has a chance yet.

Darn it, guess I am a hypocrite for being a fan.

Have to love all the varibles?

2001 ring a bell. We lucked out and got in to the BCS championship without even playing in the Big 12 conference championship. 1999 could be argued the other way. Needless to say we have been on both sides of the coin, and have been on the receiving end of some very helpful chips falling our way.

Poor example IMO, of proving the the point your trying to make? (hypocritical)

All B1G Semi-Finals!!!

Four teams from one conference?

Um, just because they are there now doesn't mean squat. There's not a chance in Hades this is how it will be at the end because Michigan and Ohio State play one another. Very good chance the loser falls from the top 8. Assuming Wisconsin makes the B1G championship, they will play either Michigan or Penn State. Someone is going to lose which will also more than likely kick them out of the top 8. It again all boils down that the B1G only probably gets two teams in an 8 team playoff.

It is amazing to me how much has changed within the last few years. Big 10 fans would have thrown a fit if multiple SEC teams had a shot at the CFP or if they had this many teams ranked as high as the big 10 currently does.

for sure. I am still going to throw a fit. There's five conferences and four teams get selected. I'd rather give wmu a shot than have two from one conference