Gerry to Play in Senior Bowl

Mavric

Sorry, but I view this guy as a disapppointment. Creating dissent last year by not "buying in" and not going to class this year and letting his team down.

I think the whole "buying in" thing was overblown in 2015, but that's just me.

Gerry's INT's against Wisconsin enabled NU to take that game to OT, and he played well the rest of the season. Yes, him not going to class all season is very dumb, but he's only one player on a team of over 100 players.

All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the entire barrel.
Is that saying actually true? Like, if you have one spoiled apple are the other ones now bad too?
The saying is true. One bad apple can and will spoil all the rest if left in the barrel.

*Edit* You can save the barrel, or most of it, by removing the bad one(s) in time. However, left alone, that one bad apple WILL spoil all the rest.

Learned something new today. Apples are a$$hole$.

Sorry, but I view this guy as a disapppointment. Creating dissent last year by not "buying in" and not going to class this year and letting his team down.

Gerry's INT's against Wisconsin enabled NU to take that game to OT, and he played well the rest of the season. Yes, him not going to class all season is very dumb, but he's only one player on a team of over 100 players.

Is that saying actually true? Like, if you have one spoiled apple are the other ones now bad too?

The saying is true. One bad apple can and will spoil all the rest if left in the barrel.

*Edit* You can save the barrel, or most of it, by removing the bad one(s) in time. However, left alone, that one bad apple WILL spoil all the rest.

Learned something new today. Apples are a$$hole$.

Anyone else see the irony in Teach not knowing about apples? :lol:

• Fire 3

I have heard any spoiled perishable item stored in a confined space and in close proximity will accelerate spoilage. USDA refuses to confirm or deny at this time

• Fire 2

I have heard any spoiled perishable item stored in a confined space and in close proximity will accelerate spoilage. USDA refuses to confirm or deny at this time

Out of all the directions this thread could have gone I would have never guessed perishable food items

• Fire 1

True enough, however, when's the last time you heard someone say 'one bad tomato spoils the whole bushel'? :)

he appears to be performing well so far at the senior bowl practices. I imagine he'll get a combine invite and really impress there. He was a good sprinter in high school if I remember correctly, and should impress with the lifts

His stock appears to be rising. I wish him nothing but the best. (Hopefully he'll get drafted to a super bowl contender and help our streak)

he appears to be performing well so far at the senior bowl practices. I imagine he'll get a combine invite and really impress there. He was a good the best sprinter in South Dakota high school history if I remember correctly, and should impress with the lifts

His stock appears to be rising. I wish him nothing but the best. (Hopefully he'll get drafted to a super bowl contender and help our streak)

FIFY

• Fire 1

he appears to be performing well so far at the senior bowl practices. I imagine he'll get a combine invite and really impress there. He was a good the best sprinter in South Dakota high school history if I remember correctly, and should impress with the lifts

FIFY

Ya Omaha World Herald said he was close to state title and state records but Huskers.com had this

Gerry was also a track standout at Washington High. He won his second straight 200-meter state title as a senior in 2013. He also won the 100 meters as a senior, after finishing second as a junior. Gerry set the state record in the 200 meters with a time of 21.52.

FIFY

Ya Omaha World Herald said he was close to state title and state records but Huskers.com had this

Gerry was also a track standout at Washington High. He won his second straight 200-meter state title as a senior in 2013. He also won the 100 meters as a senior, after finishing second as a junior. Gerry set the state record in the 200 meters with a time of 21.52.

Update your sources dude...

http://usatodayhss.com/2013/washington-star-huskers-football-recruit-nate-gerry-sets-100-meter-record

EDIT: I see you fixed it, he also owns the 100 m record.

I'm sure 2015 was just Gerry's toxic attitude and not the s#!^^y scheme we were running:

Pro Football Focus analyst Steve Palozzolo had Gerry at No. 9 among his players to watch prior to practices beginning, and wrote:

“The nation’s No. 2-graded safety in coverage in both 2014 and in 2016, Gerry breaks on the ball as well as any safety in the class. He’s picked off 13 passes and gotten his hands on 11 more over the last three years, showing his playmaking skills on the back end. Gerry cut down on his missed tackles in 2016, finishing with seven after combining to miss 25 over 2014 and 2015, and that improvement was important in his development as an all-around player.”

Following one workout, Pro Football Focus also noted Gerry showing “good movement ability and range on the back end for a player who has already shown NFL-caliber instincts and tackling ability when he is in the box.”

Optimum Scouting after Tuesday’s practice noted that Gerry “had a few nice grabs when the defensive backs transitioned from a backpedal to a turn-and-run. The Nebraska senior showed no missteps when changing direction as he cradled the ball over his shoulder a few times.”

OWH

True enough, however, when's the last time you heard someone say 'one bad tomato spoils the whole bushel'? :)

We must have had some pretty odd produce. Spoiled for 9 games, magically fresh for a stretch of 12 games, then suddenly spoiled again for the last 5.