Fake News

Biggest fake news story yet: Russians hacked the election and helped Trump! All bogus and this was completely fabricated by NY Times and a couple liberals 'news' reporters claiming CIA 'leaks' says it may have happened. No evidence of anything anywhere of course. This entire story was completely refuted by FBI and Oblama himself recently. But 'maintstream' media simply running this BS nonstop. Another obvious illustration of liberal media bias run amuk. Pure nonsense. Of course, the only logical basis for even suggesting the idea that Putin would have wanted to mess with our elections is that Hillary had the CIA hacking into Russian elections when Putin was elected in attempts to undermine their government.

The U.S. has no business manipulating other established nation's governments and their elections, whether or not they are legit elections. Hillary is notorious for her attempts and successes in overturning foreign governments and engineering coup de etahs vs them. Turkey. Libya. Ukraine. Egypt, etc.

• Fire 1

Skepticism is good practice for any media we consume. Confirmation bias is rampant, and it seems like everyone just wants stuff that fits their worldview and gives them good feels rather than an unbiased look at reality.

However, I'd have an easier time being a skeptic if this was Salon or ThinkProgress or some other decidedly partisan media source. This is WaPo. They broke Watergate. I'd say they've earned their chops when it comes to protected sources. How long was it before we found out who Deep Throat was? Didn't make the news any less legit.

The fact that the Times also had a story running in conjunction about Russia holding onto what they hacked from the RNC servers instead of releasing it only strengthens this story. Wikileaks is merely a propaganda arm for the Russian government at this point, and Assange lied about his source.

Couldn't anything damaging they obtained when they hacked the RNC be used against Trump? Or any financial leverage they have over him as well? This is exactly what many of us worried about during his ascent-- that he's got conflicts of interest and skeletons in his closet that hostile foreign actors can use to dictate his course of action in their favor.

Umm, sorry to tell you, the Washington Post and other outlets that may have been respected in the 20th century no longer have that respect. Jeff Bezos, who hates Trump and wanted Hillary to win, now owns the Washington Post, and even prior to that acquisition, the WP has been shilling for liberal candidates for years. Here's a good breakdown of how the Washington Post practices fake news itself.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/12/fake_news_the_cia_says_russia_preferred_trump.html

Skepticism is good practice for any media we consume. Confirmation bias is rampant, and it seems like everyone just wants stuff that fits their worldview and gives them good feels rather than an unbiased look at reality.

However, I'd have an easier time being a skeptic if this was Salon or ThinkProgress or some other decidedly partisan media source. This is WaPo. They broke Watergate. I'd say they've earned their chops when it comes to protected sources. How long was it before we found out who Deep Throat was? Didn't make the news any less legit.

The fact that the Times also had a story running in conjunction about Russia holding onto what they hacked from the RNC servers instead of releasing it only strengthens this story. Wikileaks is merely a propaganda arm for the Russian government at this point, and Assange lied about his source.

Couldn't anything damaging they obtained when they hacked the RNC be used against Trump? Or any financial leverage they have over him as well? This is exactly what many of us worried about during his ascent-- that he's got conflicts of interest and skeletons in his closet that hostile foreign actors can use to dictate his course of action in their favor.

Umm, sorry to tell you, the Washington Post and other outlets that may have been respected in the 20th century no longer have that respect. Jeff Bezos, who hates Trump and wanted Hillary to win, now owns the Washington Post, and even prior to that acquisition, the WP has been shilling for liberal candidates for years. Here's a good breakdown of how the Washington Post practices fake news itself.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/12/fake_news_the_cia_says_russia_preferred_trump.html

Do you have any news sources you swear by? What would you recommend?

Here's another great article about the lefts fake news panic. I really think we can merge the liberal freakout thread with the fake news thread as their is so much overlap between the two.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/11/liberals-fake-news-panic-show-they-cant-handle-the-truth/

Cool - then we agree that CNBC is to Fox what Breibart is to ... well, theres nothing like it.

Youre more naaive and uninformed than I gave you credit for Bni if you think this is left leaning issue. In fact - I say your attitude is the exact problem we face and why its so scary.

• Fire 2

Here's another great article about the lefts fake news panic. I really think we can merge the liberal freakout thread with the fake news thread as their is so much overlap between the two.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/11/liberals-fake-news-panic-show-they-cant-handle-the-truth/

Cool - then we agree that CNBC is to Fox what Breibart is to ... well, theres nothing like it.

Youre more naaive and uninformed than I gave you credit for Bni if you think this is left leaning issue. In fact - Is say your attitude is the exact problem we face and why its so scary.

+10000000

And...just to be clear, you do realize this is not a "news" article...correct?

It's news if it fits your agenda.

• Fire 5

Do you have any news sources you swear by? What would you recommend?

I think most voters should be skeptical of all news sources to be honest. There are examples from nearly every news outlet of bias/fake news, and its up to the reader to examine the data, listen to what was actually said (and not take a pundit's interpretation all the time), and make their own assessment.