Fake News

I laugh and am frustrated by this article at the same time.

UH OH: Look which sites are being labeled Fake News sites

Hey Allen....

Instead of instantly denigrating the list, why don't you stop and ask yourself why those sites are on the list?

In short, Allen West is now claiming the only reason the "Fake News" issue is being discussed is because the liberals are mad that Trump won.

What a load of horse hooey.

He asks why CNN isn't on the list after complaining about Breitbart being on it. It's been asked many times but what the hell has happened to the Republican party?

• Fire 2

The internet is filled with BS 'news' or what I simply call stories as they are more like fables at best, usually poorly written with incomplete sentences, poor grammar, etc. You will find much better writing on this board and it is just a bunch of folks chatting, cranking out a few words, few sentences or few paragraphs without even serious attempts at being professional writers or proofreading, etc. The auto correction features of these computer systems don't help of course as they typically change words dramatically from what was typed or intended, seemingly only at the time one clicks on the post or send.

There are almost no really reliable, verifiable and trustworthy news sources today. Once upon a time, couple decades ago, there were 'journalists' and investigative reporters and professionals who took their jobs seriously and generally tried, at a basic level at least, to be honest and report fairly. NOT anymore.

Today, I am not sure I can name any truly honest, credible 'news' source that would fairly be called politically neutral or unbiased. It would be quite difficult to find good sources to write a decent college research paper on about any topic today. Such notable publications as Time, Newsweek, U.S. News, New York Times, Washington Post and Times, etc etc are all now liberal publications and most articles are slanted so far left as to be nothing but propaganda pieces. The once was a 'mainstream' media such as ABC, NBC, CBS and the aforementioned might have been included in the same as well. Now, NONE of the named orgs are reliable or trustworthy and can only be counted on to publish the news according to the Dem Natl Committee and any Whitehouse run by the Dems.

The rise of Fox News was mostly driven by the market demanding a more fair and balanced news source that didn't purposely slant all stories to the left. Sadly, it went too far to the right and now has waffled back and forth and one can't tell what is propaganda and what is fact.

All of this is now being discussed openly by the left as apparently having been by design and liberals 'thinkers' are proudly proclaiming we are now in a 'post fact' world. The notion being that they can control the message and make the 'sheeple' swallow and buy any story. Obamacare is a perfect case in point. It's so called archetecht (J. Grueber, MIT 'economist' and story teller) gleefully laughed and ridiculed the American people as gullable and 'stupid' and could be made to buy any sales pitch to get the Obamacare passed.

No doubt 'fake' news stories (the kind Trump intends to sue the publishers for printing or televising, for example) are rampant and perhaps at this point are being put out by both left and right. Liberals have done similar things with 'global warming' propaganda publishing fake scientific 'studies' using made up data, etc. Very sad for the country and going to get worse. Trump has proposed fixing libel and slander laws to allow for lawsuits against those who put out lies or misrepresentations of the facts against others. This would be quite helpful BUT knowing the left, it would become nothing but a way to flood the courts and bury the system in meritless cases. That would not help either. We have witnessed malicious criminal prosecutions of late as well.

Dude - the only stories Trump threatens to sue about are the fake ones. (he hasn't filed a suit against a news outlet of any kind for 30 years) I think he's only won 1 of all that he has filed.

Yes, global warming data is all fake propaganda. I can't believe you figured it out. Congratulations. BTW - did you know that nobody really landed on the moon? Have you heard about Chupacabra? Totally real.

Dude - the only stories Trump threatens to sue about are the fake ones. (he hasn't filed a suit against a news outlet of any kind for 30 years) I think he's only won 1 of all that he has filed.

Yes, global warming data is all fake propaganda. I can't believe you figured it out. Congratulations. BTW - did you know that nobody really landed on the moon? Have you heard about Chupacabra? Totally real.

Don't be so quick to judge. The chupacabra might be real on whichever planet he calls home.

Kinda like fast food, If you're dumb enough to eat it, then you get the consequences.

We do not need more laws to protect stupid people. Remove warnings labels and let the problem fix itself.

That doesn't work when enough people believe this crap that bad people get elected.

I understand you can't legislate this problem away but ignoring it isn't an option either.

Kinda like fast food, If you're dumb enough to eat it, then you get the consequences.

We do not need more laws to protect stupid people. Remove warnings labels and let the problem fix itself.

That doesn't work when enough people believe this crap that bad people get elected.

I understand you can't legislate this problem away but ignoring it isn't an option either.

Most of society has to be led. Through persuasion or coercion, take your pick.

Suing Macedonian teens for libel may not be possible, but I would think that the hosting site (Facebook) could be deemed responsible for the stories they provide.

For example, falsely accusing a former president of raping a 13-year old. If garbage like that is protected by our laws,.....I don't even know what to say.

Most of society has to be led. Through persuasion or coercion, take your pick.

How do you see that happening? Because, right now, those people are being led down the path with fake stories that are made up by people who think it's a joke and the people who are being led have absolute no desire to change.

Suing Macedonian teens for libel may not be possible, but I would think that the hosting site (Facebook) could be deemed responsible for the stories they provide.

For example, falsely accusing a former president of raping a 13-year old. If garbage like that is protected by our laws,.....I don't even know what to say.

I know the lawsuit was dropped but does that prove it was a false accusation? Or are you talking about a specific story about the accusation that claimed it was proven he did it?

I know the lawsuit was dropped but does that prove it was a false accusation? Or are you talking about a specific story about the accusation that claimed it was proven he did it?

Not sure if IA is referring to Trump or not. But in the case of the Trump lawsuit, that was "news". There was an actual suit filed against him by a woman who claimed he raped her. That wasn't made up. Now if an outlet claimed they had video evidence that "proved it" and showed a grainy, hard to decipher, YouTube video that kinda looked like Trump that would be garbage.

Not sure if IA is referring to Trump or not. But in the case of the Trump lawsuit, that was "news". There was an actual suit filed against him by a woman who claimed he raped her. That wasn't made up. Now if an outlet claimed they had video evidence that "proved it" and showed a grainy, hard to decipher, YouTube video that kinda looked like Trump that would be garbage.

No, referring to the false news story of Bill Clinton raping a 13-year-old. I'm sure celebrities and politicians choose to ignore most of this crap rather than drawing attention to it with a lawsuit, but it seems like this faux-journalism is getting out-of-hand with slander, IMO

From The Post: The New Yellow Journalists

"Nothing in this article is anti-media, but I’ve used this headline a thousand times,” he says. “Violence and chaos and aggressive wording is what people are attracted to.”

“Our audience does not trust the mainstream media,” Goldman, 26, says a little later as Wade keeps typing. “It’s definitely easier to hook them with that.”

“There’s not a ton of thought put into it,” Wade says. “Other than it frames the story so it gets a click.”

What a thing to be a professional at.