Memorial Stadium video boards/ribbon board upgrades

The sound system has been fixed and is amazing now. The video screens are 11-12 year old tech at this point. Not really pressing, but hardly extravagant spending, I don't think.

The large one in the north end is getting a little sketch. last week for about 5 minutes, all the stats/scores/ads parts went dark. Only the game feed was showing.

regardless of cost, 10 years is an eternity for electronics. This is the 11th season for them boards and the 8th for the ribbon boards.

the sound system was fixed prior to 2014 season. Did acoustics study throughout 2013 with the new addition, and used info to fix it. Ive been there 4 times since this, and my opinion is that the sound now is as good as its ever been there.

They need to fix the sound in the east upper balcony. Sat up there for the first time this year. I really liked the view but the sound quality is not nearly the same.

• 4 months later...

If I heard correctly, the boards facing the east and west stands on the north end of the stadium will become 2 sided boards (wrap around the corner boards) for the North End Zone fans. Good deal for we poor fans that cant afford the sideline donations.

Doing a south stadium expansion is next to impossible currently.

I've been saying that for years and I still agree.

But I have seen stuff in the last couple months saying they are needing to do some structural improvements in South Stadium. I'm sure you can do that without totally re-doing it but it might be interesting to see what they try to roll into that project.