***Official Maryland Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I don't understand some on this board. Regardless of the offensive philosophy, to say we aren't running the ball or won't in the future is bogus. There are complaints about lack of running and gloomy messages of how that is going to be the future, but the fact of the matter is we are running the ball and running it pretty well. And so many of the throws are extremely high percentage plays. People want to hate on OCDL for really no reason when he has put together a good game plan with a back up quarterback this week. Yes Maryland isn't very good but that is who we are playing today, what more do you want?

We have two seasons full of reasons to complain. He shows a complete lack of judgment in play calling. Did he have a good game today? Sure but there were plenty of WTF moments where it looked like they were just picking plays at random.
I'm not sure those reasons are 100% valid though. You act like OCDL being awful is a forgone conclusion everyone should know, but I'm not so sure he is a bad coach yet. You can come at me with your fan analysis all you want, and you may be right, but I think we should at least see how this team finishes the season because we can still end up with our best year in 15. Is that in spite of OCDL?

How many times this year has Tommy made something out of nothing on a bad play call? Carried this team when the offense was sputtering.

I'm sorry but yes our success has been despite the OC and ST. Our defense, which is a surprise to me after last year, is what has made this season what it is.