Trump and the Press

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

Man that video of O'Keefe embedded in the story is something else.

For those who don't know, he leads an organization named Project Veritas that routinely records people without their knowledge, tries to entice them into saying things that can be construed as damaging & then edits the tapes to maximize damage. The guy is a grade A slimeball who is out to try to hurt the images of people or organizations by trying to pass off hidden, doctored video as truth.

Based on how shifty he was acting, I'd say the Post had him dead to rights on this accuser. Pretty gross they'd go this far to get a pedophile into the Senate, but here we are.

This reeks of Bannon. He's collaborated with them in the past, IIRC.

• Plus1 1

I heard an amazing interview with reporters from NYT (I think - they broke the Louie CK and Weinstein stories) and they were talking about this very circumstance and how often they get approached with fake stories or with offers to be key note speakers at "events" etc.  They are pretty good about understanding the number of poorly motivated individuals out there - I need to read more about this situation, but I find it interesting that they busted the gal actually walking into Veritas.  Must have had a pretty good inkling that she was not legit.

• Plus1 2