Trump Promises Megathread: Kept or Broken

"Will Donald Trump release anything from the IRS proving that he's under audit?"

"I'm sorry," Conway said, as Camerota repeated her question. "Are you calling him a liar?"

Conway repeated the campaign's talking point — that Trump's lawyers have advised him not to release his tax returns while an audit is being conducted, despite assurances from outside tax experts who have said no such conflict exists — and declined to say whether any more information would be forthcoming.

"He's not going to release his tax returns. We litigated this all through the election. People didn't care," Kellyanne Conway says on ABC.

"Will Donald Trump release anything from the IRS proving that he's under audit?"

"I'm sorry," Conway said, as Camerota repeated her question. "Are you calling him a liar?"

Conway repeated the campaign's talking point — that Trump's lawyers have advised him not to release his tax returns while an audit is being conducted, despite assurances from outside tax experts who have said no such conflict exists — and declined to say whether any more information would be forthcoming.

"He's not going to release his tax returns. We litigated this all through the election. People didn't care," Kellyanne Conway says on ABC.

As usual, Trump and his cohorts are wrong/lying: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/11/donald-trump/trump-wrong-reporters-are-only-ones-who-care-about/

He can't have a yea/nay on the wall yet, since his boast was that he would build it, it would come in under budget & be completed ahead of time, and Mexico would pay for it.

He has to complete all of that or fail in some of it before it's kept/broken.

This is kind of how I feel. He's initiated it. I was thinking of shifting it to gray or something to denote it's in progress.

The problem for this promise is everyone is going to interpret "make Mexico pay for it" differently.

He can't have a yea/nay on the wall yet, since his boast was that he would build it, it would come in under budget & be completed ahead of time, and Mexico would pay for it.

This is kind of how I feel. He's initiated it. I was thinking of shifting it to gray or something to denote it's in progress.

The problem for this promise is everyone is going to interpret "make Mexico pay for it" differently.

I wouldn't put it as "in progress" till dirt is moving and concrete is being poured.

Technically, he has failed. He stated that he would begin building the wall on his first day. He didn't. In fact, here is the exact lie:

We will build a great wall along the southern border. And Mexico will pay for the wall. Believe me. Hundred percent. They don’t know it yet, but they’re going to pay for the wall. And they’re great people and great leaders, but they’re going to pay for the wall. On day one we will begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful southern border wall. We will use the best technology, including above and below ground sensors, that’s the tunnels. Remember that above and below. [ makes hand gesture ] Above and below ground sensors. Towers, aerial surveillance and manpower to supplement the wall, find and dislocate tunnels and keep out criminal cartels and Mexico, you know that, will work with us. I really believe it. Mexico will work with us. [Phoenix, AZ, 8/31/16]