Trump Promises Megathread: Kept or Broken

Support marijuana legalization via state decision making Status: Unknown, but appointed a very anti-pot AG in Jeff Sessions.

Guess not. My cousin who said Trump is for state rights is going to be disappointed.

https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/834862805148901377

Baby boomers: f'ing the world up since post WWII! I'm joking.

But seriously...

Hey, you know Sessions.

Cool with racism and disenfranchising voters. Draws the line for bad people at weed.

Support marijuana legalization via state decision making Status: Unknown, but appointed a very anti-pot AG in Jeff Sessions.

Guess not. My cousin who said Trump is for state rights is going to be disappointed.

Some will disagree, but this reminds me of the drinking age being a state right. Every state is able to declare their own legal drinking age, but all have it at 21 in order to avoid having funds withheld by the federal government. There is a difference between a legal age and legality period, but that's where my mind went. State right unless those in control of the federal government decide they are squarely for or against something.

• 2 weeks later...

If public pressure results in Trump prioritizing healthcare in the opposite way in which he has been led to so far, then great.

If he wants to work on a more progressive reworking of the ACA, though, he has the wrong team in place to do that.

And that's on us as a nation. If that's what we wanted, we elected the completely wrong guys to do this.