So frustrating when

Roll Skers

Texas just opened up their check books and got Herman......just wished that Nebraska would've done that after we fired Pelini

How much? I agree. He would've been a great one. I like his scheme.

I have no idea the amount. Got a notification from my ESPN app that reads - Texas will hire Tom Herman as its next head coach - Heather Dinich; 22-4 record in two seasons at Houston

Not two days ago, newsflash all across many reporting sites, Herman was going to LSU with a deal to be finalized Saturday at noon. Now they're settling for Coach O. Just goes to show that an inflated ego will get you back to the bottom of the pile. Point is, if Nebraska would look for a new coach within the next few years, they are not going to have the top pick. I'm starting ride the bandwagon that Riley may be a place holder for Frost while he gets seasoned, which he is doing very quickly. Riley's a good guy, he's not going to abandon his current job and coast into retirement, but how much upside can there be? Either that or he and his staff are in the darkest hour of the Big10 learning curve.

Not two days ago, newsflash all across many reporting sites, Herman was going to LSU with a deal to be finalized Saturday at noon. Now they're settling for Coach O. Just goes to show that an inflated ego will get you back to the bottom of the pile. Point is, if Nebraska would look for a new coach within the next few years, they are not going to have the top pick. I'm starting ride the bandwagon that Riley may be a place holder for Frost while he gets seasoned, which he is doing very quickly. Riley's a good guy, he's not going to abandon his current job and coast into retirement, but how much upside can there be? Either that or he and his staff are in the darkest hour of the Big10 learning curve.

Herman to LSU was leaked to force Texas' hand to get Herman the job he really wanted.

• Fire 3

Texas just opened up their check books and got Herman......just wished that Nebraska would've done that after we fired Pelini

How much? I agree. He would've been a great one. I like his scheme.

I have no idea the amount. Got a notification from my ESPN app that reads - Texas will hire Tom Herman as its next head coach - Heather Dinich; 22-4 record in two seasons at Houston

Now, that is a winning record and a winning coach who cares about his team and shows passion on the field without embarrassing his university. We got a nice guy how shows no passion and look completely and utterly clueless in our blowout losses. Not to mention that he spent his whole life producing average results. Expecting an average coach to start producing championships is like expecting a bull to produce milk.

Herman to LSU was leaked to force Texas' hand to get Herman the job he really wanted.

Great work by his agent. He was able to get UT to pony up more cash for Herman (and himself).

I think Nebraska and Colorado should both return to the Big Twelve. And Notre Dame would be a nice fit in the current Big Ten. The Irish got shellacked this year playing an ACC-heavy football schedule. They need to play a schedule against teams that are regularly on their schedule. Year after year, the Irish face Purdue, Northwestern, and Indiana.

Notre Dame is a natural fit for the Big Ten -- the league of physicality. A move like that could save Coach Brian Kelly's job I feel.

Nebraska on the other hand is a Midwest power who has always been a combination of physicality meshed with finesse via the recruits that Dr. Tom Osborne would bring in from places like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and Los Angeles.

Our rivals from our past -- Colorado, Kansas State, Kansas, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, and even Oklahoma --- we are comfortable facing those teams. We know them. For about 100 years, we've played them.

I am for my Nebraska Cornhuskers returning back to their homeland to face their true rivals instead of having to face all these powerful schools from a distant region of the country. Again, the challenge favors the Big Ten in this matchup between Nebraska and these schools from the Michigan - Ohio region. I don't like the set-up and never have.

I'm for my Nebraska Cornhuskers returning home to face another group of very familiar opponents. I've heard that Coach Snyder wants Nebraska to come back to the Big Twelve. Let's take him up on that idea!

I don't believe for a minute that's what happened. I do believe that the media is saying that's what happened to save face

So LSU and the news media were just pawns in Herman and his agents money game? This is bogus.

Great work by his agent. He was able to get UT to pony up more cash for Herman (and himself).

Everything is flawed. Ohio St could play for the national title and not even play for the Big 10 championship......explain that one to me!

Nothing against any one team, but how can Penn St and Wisky play for a conference title that means nothing? Ohio St is the true winner all around in this scenario. Wisky could be the biggest loser cause they can't gain anything playing Penn St. Nothing. The pundits have been yelling about the Big 12 not having a title game, but apparently it doesn't really matter does it?

I hope everybody loses next weekend, Bama, Washington, Clemson, all of them. Lets see what happens then...........

I don't believe for a minute that's what happened. I do believe that the media is saying that's what happened to save face

I haven't see any media say that, actually. It's just the most likely scenario given the circumstances.

Really, Herman's agent would be stupid for NOT doing that.

Saw a ticker saying LSU wasn't willing to wait on Herman to decide.....Also said that Jimbo Fisher allegedly balked at the offer of 6.8 million/year to go to LSU.....

Saw a ticker saying LSU wasn't willing to wait on Herman to decide.....Also said that Jimbo Fisher allegedly balked at the offer of 6.8 million/year to go to LSU.....

That's what they would say to cover their butt.

Why would Fischer leave FSU for LSU? Why would Herman go to the SEC where your second fiddle to BAma? Herman can go to Texas and win next season. Herman will destroy the Big 12 in one season. Texas has the most resources of any school in the country. He will recruit, win and become a legend.

Yes, Nebraska screwed up not going and getting this guy. Frost has some potential as well, but he wont be around after one more season at UCF. Oregon will come calling. KSU might be calling him. Snyder will retire after this season and I have heard they might move on him first. He coached under Snyder one season and I think enjoyed working with him and his staff.

I haven't see any media say that, actually. It's just the most likely scenario given the circumstances.

Really, Herman's agent would be stupid for NOT doing that.

It's really not what happened. I'm not sure if Herman would went to LSU in the end, but they were definitely in the running until they tried to force him into signing a contract before he had heard Texas out. I wouldn't be surprised if LSU dropped the info on Thursday but Herman's agent didn't. Absolutely no one from the LSU camp denied the reports on Thursday of Herman to LSU. And why would they, they started it. But of course it back fired.

Edited by Mavric
Moved reply out of quote.