Does this team even care???

Apathy

Many of the receivers in those lobs TA made were actually open. They just weren't "Tommy Armstrong Open"

Explain what that means.

Serious question, do some of you watch any other football games? Or is it only NU games?

She means that on most of those plays the receivers were - in fact - open. That a decent QB would have had a field day throwing to guys who were that open.

• Fire 1

This team lost in overtime to the #6 team at their house, beat a descent Minny team, lost to a Iowa team that the week before beat the #3 team in the country. They did this with an Oline that is hurt, down a bit, I know but we started a kid that had not played all year long with a week of practice, and a QB that claimed he was hurt the first time he was hit.

Give them and the staff a little slack.

this program needs linemen, a pretty good infusion of them. Both sides of the ball. I remember a couple of weeks ago announcer saying that Bamma had 11 in their defensive tackle rotation Friggen 11. Do we have 11 for both lines?

Until the lines are built to win games, it really does not matter if we have a passing QB is my guess. A less mobile QB is going to get beat to death, unless his release is like lightening.

There are a lot of problems, caused by this staff and the past staff. It takes time to build up the line.

CM you made the comment unrealistic about players, I think you fit the category about the staff.

I played the game in high school and was not very good. I coached it for my son's peewee league 40 years ago, but I have coached and dealt with World and Olympic level athletes. Injuries affect each and everyone of them differently. The mental step they had to go thru dealing with Tommy starting was huge. The Oline knew it was just a matter of time before he got hit. Lot of stress on them. Without Tommy they knew (felt) the game was over. It showed the whole night

To me that is where the staff failed the rest of the team. Friday was a rainy day and we had nothing to combat it. Maybe we won't have that rainy day next year who knows. Play what you got when you can.

• Fire 1

I think we can take 25 a year CM, that should leave a few correct? I know you are always saying you have problems with math.

If I remember correctly they lost to top 5 teams in back to back weeks, by 7 points.

Two of those teams are still ranked in the top 5.

The AP, the coaches poll, and most likely the CFP are all going to say they are at least a top 10 team, so you know as much as it pains me to say, I will go by their thoughts and not a trolls.

• Fire 1

We had a fantastic OL haul last year, not so much on the WR. We don't lose hardly anyone on the line going into next year. We lose 3 of our top 4 recievers to graduation this year. We don't need lineman this cycle we needed lineman 3 cycles ago. Now we need WR. We have 3 lineman signed now looking for a 4th I believe so it's not like we are completely ignoring the position

Many of the receivers in those lobs TA made were actually open. They just weren't "Tommy Armstrong Open"

Explain what that means.

Serious question, do some of you watch any other football games? Or is it only NU games?

cm, did you watch the Auburn/Alabama game? Auburn's athlete-turned-QB had a similar game for them. Probably 8-9 times he had guys open that he just couldn't/wouldn't find. Auburn could have been in that game.

Explain what that means.

cm, did you watch the Auburn/Alabama game? Auburn's athlete-turned-QB had a similar game for them. Probably 8-9 times he had guys open that he just couldn't/wouldn't find. Auburn could have been in that game.

That is how Auburn can compete with Alabama. They did it a few years ago with #14 I can't remember the name but he was an athlete QB but he was dropping deep balls on Bama like nobodies business

Explain what that means.

That is how Auburn can compete with Alabama. They did it a few years ago with #14 I can't remember the name but he was an athlete QB but he was dropping deep balls on Bama like nobodies business

Nick Marshall. A guy I'd describe as a "quarterback first, run second" kind of a guy. Not the other way around.

Explain what that means.

Nick Marshall. A guy I'd describe as a "quarterback first, run second" kind of a guy. Not the other way around.

oh definitely, he could throw. Would love to have a guy like that although I would still consider him an athlete QB...he plays cornerback for the Jets now