Does this team even care???

Apathy

So frustrating to listen to Riley in the postgame comments. He seems to be able to identify almost immediately where the problem areas are, but totally ineffective in communicating that to the coordinators during the game. His demeanor on the sidelines bothers me, he seems disengaged. I know he is a low key, always positive guy but something is off. As far as the players, I don't think they cared at all yesterday. That was an even more embarrassing loss than at Ohio State

So frustrating to listen to Riley in the postgame comments. He seems to be able to identify almost immediately where the problem areas are, but totally ineffective in communicating that to the coordinators during the game. His demeanor on the sidelines bothers me, he seems disengaged. I know he is a low key, always positive guy but something is off. As far as the players, I don't think they cared at all yesterday. That was an even more embarrassing loss than at Ohio State

They cared.

It wasn't. The team that got blown out yesterday was coming in with a hobbled QB and beaten down line. The team that lost in Columbus was coming off a razor thin loss in Madison and had everything to prove.

They cared.

It wasn't. The team that got blown out yesterday was coming in with a hobbled QB and beaten down line. The team that lost in Columbus was coming off a razor thin loss in Madison and had everything to prove.

They might have half-assed cared but they didn't give 100% effort. They flat out got owned on both lines. It was pathetic to watch.

They cared.

They might have half-assed cared but they didn't give 100% effort. They flat out got owned on both lines. It was pathetic to watch.

Clearly wasn't a 100% effort. But they cared, the probably care more today than they did yesterday.

My brother and I were speculating on the Morgan blowup early, couldn't figure out what he would be so upset at...

Then I came up with this: "hey Tommy, you're f'ing hurt. But if you're going to play then play 100%. You threw the ball too early even though I had a step on that guy because you were afraid of that LB coming in on you. You know you're going to get hit so take the the hit and throw me the damn ball or GET THE f#*k OUT OF THE GAME."

• Fire 1

Something was off. The Stanley Morgan blow up in the first quarter was odd. Think there may have been some other things going on in their heads.

Very well could be....... it was unusual.

When Armstrong hurt his hamstring, it was thought that he would be out for the rest of the year. So, maybe he mentally checked out, and expected Fyfe to finish the year as the starter. Then when Fyfe broke his hand, that put Tommy back in the #1 QB role. It's just a guess, but that could be the reason why the team and offense look so disjointed and bickering back and forth at each other early.

Honestly, this narrative makes sense in that it would also (partially) explain all the YOLO bombs and Tommy not looking prepared or coached at all.

No, this loss isn't on Tommy's shoulders, and most of this goes on Langsdorf--why wasn't he coaching his QB and getting him to calm down? Why wasn't Langsdorf calling more running plays and adjusting to the schemes Iowa ran? It's obvious Iowa sold out to cover the middle of the field because we can't seem to roll out our QB, use misdirection, or stretch plays (e.g. Jet Sweep) regularly to unclog the middle...

...but even saying this belongs to Langsdorf isn't enough. This is the third loss this year that Langsdorf directly was responsible for, and we've been seeing steadily worse play calling from Langsdorf as the season has worn on.

Judging from Sipple's column this morning...the local media seems to finally pin this on Riley, and if changes aren't made during the off-season, we'll be repeating these same refrains next season and hoping some other school doesn't steal Scott Frost from under us.

He is responsible for our two worst offensive outings since joining the B1G. His 5 games prior to Maryland showed his inability to counter an athletic/aggressive D. He has no way to counter a D that equally matches or is superior to our team.

Having TA in the game, knowing he was immobile and allowing the repeated YOLO bombs was beyond pathetic. Even the announcers called us out on it.....Pathetic.

Like you said, every press conference is the same. The common thread, Langs and Fo Fiddy....... I think Cavs and Banker have issues as well....

My brother and I were speculating on the Morgan blowup early, couldn't figure out what he would be so upset at...

Then I came up with this: "hey Tommy, you're f'ing hurt. But if you're going to play then play 100%. You threw the ball too early even though I had a step on that guy because you were afraid of that LB coming in on you. You know you're going to get hit so take the the hit and throw me the damn ball or GET THE f#*k OUT OF THE GAME."

Probably very close to that.....

There is definitely an attitude problem that has taken root over the years. As the season plays out I believe they figure out which games they can win to get to a certain win total. The other games they just give up when things start going bad. They have no pride when it comes to getting blown out. I'm sure they are happy with their 9 wins but as fans we know they accomplished very little beyond not having a losing season. They should be unranked at seasons end unless they beat a decent team in a bowl. They will never achieve anything close to greatness until they set their goals higher.

Losing by 30 tonight was purely a product of bad coaching. THey did nothing to stem the tide with their offensive playcalling and our defensive scheme has always been flawed. It was just exposed tonight for the ridiculously vanilla, predictable system that it is.

And you're nuts if you don't think championships aren't the goal, top to bottom.

But guess what, championships are the goal top to bottom across college football.

Bad coaching? I'm not sure that's the problem. It looked to me like the players were simply outperformed. Maybe they just aren't that good; certainly, there is no depth, and we have an incredibly bad offensive line. That could take a couple of more recruiting years to restock the shelves. This is a sketchy roster at best. I wonder how many former recruits simply left after the latest coaching change?

25th best roster in the country.

Iowa is in the 50s.

This is turning into Callahan all over again - throw our kids under the bus to excuse poor coaching. Find out after 4 years that it was poor coaching all along. Rinse and repeat.

Who said we have the 25th best roster according to talent?

25th best roster in the country.

Iowa is in the 50s.

This is turning into Callahan all over again - throw our kids under the bus to excuse poor coaching. Find out after 4 years that it was poor coaching all along. Rinse and repeat.

Who said we have the 25th best roster according to talent?

247's composite, adjusted for attrition, list of team rankings. It's been posted often.

• Fire 1