At best, we're the #6 team in the conference. I just don't understand how some people are OK with that. This "don't worry; it'll be OK" attitude that many people have, when very little growth has been shown in 2 years, just kills me. The clock is ticking -- these are urgent, desperate times -- other teams are passing us by, feast or famine, sink or swim -- but don't worry, it'll be ok.

clock is ticking? Urgent desperate times? College football will be played for another 100 years, I think we have some time. And in that 100 years what if we don't win a single game? What will happen? What are you going to do about it? Fire another coach after a year or two and start over? Throw a check at the big name that will do it. Realistically, building a dominate program can take time. It took Tom Osborne 15 years. Maybe we should just be happy with where we are and support our team going forward and trust that maybe stability will get us somewhere worth going.

Also, it's not that important to say we are in desperate times, come on man people are ok with this because A) there is nothing we can do about it and B) at the end of the day it's just a game and most of us spend 85% of our time on other things.

• Fire 2

I'm not familiar with the O-line depth/recruiting.

Anyone have a clue of how the O-line may shape-up like next year. IMHO, Farmer and Gates where the only players that consistently held there own. Any potential RSFr, that can snag a job? Any potential incoming freshman that could contribute early?

It's no doubt that the O-line play was not up to par whenever playing against competent opposition; I'm just hoping that there is legitimate signs that could lead to improvement next season on this front.

Isn't the offensive line supposed to be pretty good next season? Farniok and Raridon...If they somehow land Foster Sarell, they should have one of the best OLs in the nation.

That's assuming Cavanaugh can get them playing like a good o-line.

Why are you bagging on Cavanaugh? He had a patch work line all year long, not to mention, he had 3 walk-on's starting do to injuries. I would say if he can get talented scholly linemen, he will do just fine.

I just don't agree with Cav's philosophy of not rotating linemen and I also have big question marks on his overall coaching ability. I would glad to be proven wrong, but it's just my opinion.

Isn't the offensive line supposed to be pretty good next season? Farniok and Raridon...If they somehow land Foster Sarell, they should have one of the best OLs in the nation.

That's assuming Cavanaugh can get them playing like a good o-line.

Why are you bagging on Cavanaugh? He had a patch work line all year long, not to mention, he had 3 walk-on's starting do to injuries. I would say if he can get talented scholly linemen, he will do just fine.

I just don't agree with Cav's philosophy of not rotating linemen and I also have big question marks on his overall coaching ability. I would glad to be proven wrong, but it's just my opinion.

:yeah

Anyone have a clue of how the O-line may shape-up like next year. IMHO, Farmer and Gates where the only players that consistently held there own. Any potential RSFr, that can snag a job? Any potential incoming freshman that could contribute early?

It's no doubt that the O-line play was not up to par whenever playing against competent opposition; I'm just hoping that there is legitimate signs that could lead to improvement next season on this front.

We should be in pretty good shape next year.

As you mentioned, I think Gates and Farmer will be very good. Also Foster would have been right there with them this year without the injury.

I think John Raridon (RS this year) will likely take over at center - son of a Husker OL. And Matt Farniok (RS this year) will have every chance to start at the other tackle. That would be my guess on the starters as of now.

We'll also have Michael Decker (RSFr this year) and Bryan Brokop (RS this year) to help on the interior. So I think we'll be in good shape there.

Conrad will still be in the mix at tackle but we still thin (depth-wise) at tackle.

As you mentioned, I think Gates and Farmer will be very good. Also Foster would have been right there with them this year without the injury.

I think John Raridon (RS this year) will likely take over at center - son of a Husker OL. And Matt Farniok (RS this year) will have every chance to start at the other tackle. That would be my guess on the starters as of now.

We'll also have Michael Decker (RSFr this year) and Bryan Brokop (RS this year) to help on the interior. So I think we'll be in good shape there.

Conrad will still be in the mix at tackle but we still thin (depth-wise) at tackle.

3 (or 4 depending on how you look at it) returning starters with hopefully some depth behind them. That would be great. Really hope the staff looks at the grind of the B1G and try to rotate BEFORE injury, because they are going to happen.

• Fire 1

3 (or 4 depending on how you look at it) returning starters with hopefully some depth behind them. That would be great. Really hope the staff looks at the grind of the B1G and try to rotate BEFORE injury, because they are going to happen.
If you bring up the concept of an o-line rotation to Cavanaugh looks at you like you have 3 heads.

If you bring up the concept of an o-line rotation to Cavanaugh looks at you like you have 3 heads.

You know .... because it's not like you should expect those back-ups to have to play at some point or anything.....

You know .... because it's not like you should expect those back-ups to have to play at some point or anything.....

I'm right with you. It's freaking maddening. Also, reducing reps reduces the possibility of injury, and tired guys have a tendency to get injured more because they don't focus on technique. There are many positive reasons to rotate linemen, but Cav is an old gruff who is stuck in his ways, and hides behind the saying of "Milt Tenopir did it this way 20-30 years ago". Yeah, that was 20-3 years ago.

At best, we're the #6 team in the conference. I just don't understand how some people are OK with that. This "don't worry; it'll be OK" attitude that many people have, when very little growth has been shown in 2 years, just kills me. The clock is ticking -- these are urgent, desperate times -- other teams are passing us by, feast or famine, sink or swim -- but don't worry, it'll be ok.

clock is ticking? Urgent desperate times? College football will be played for another 100 years, I think we have some time. And in that 100 years what if we don't win a single game? What will happen? What are you going to do about it? Fire another coach after a year or two and start over? Throw a check at the big name that will do it. Realistically, building a dominate program can take time. It took Tom Osborne 15 years. Maybe we should just be happy with where we are and support our team going forward and trust that maybe stability will get us somewhere worth going.

Also, it's not that important to say we are in desperate times, come on man people are ok with this because A) there is nothing we can do about it and B) at the end of the day it's just a game and most of us spend 85% of our time on other things.

I think what the OP meant is do we want settle and be the Chicago Cubs of NCAA football? I was in my 20s the last time we were relevant... I am now staring at 50. That's urgent... I'd like to see the Huskers return to national prominence before I die. Is that not a desperate situation?