B1G Coaching Hot Seat Rankings

Mavric

Coach that makes staff changes and plays nice with superiors and fans goes from 5-7 to 9-3 and he's on the hot seat? Lol...k

Are these not the same numbnut folks that said we shouldn't have fired Bo because 9 wins was enough and we were being greedy, but Riley getting blown out this year is reason to set his pants ablaze?

Going from 5 and 7 to 9 and 3 is meaningless. There was no viable excuse for 5 and 7 last year.

None. This program is still behind where they were in 2014.

Nowhere did I suggest 5-7 was acceptable.

And how exactly is this program behind where it was in 2014? In 2014 we finished 9-3 with one of the best RB's in school history. We dropped a close road game to Sparty, got embarassed by Wisconsin and lost a headscratcher to Minnesota.

I would say we are exactly on par with 2014.

The amount of embarrassing losses the last 2 years disagree with you.

Well, seeing how the 2014 squad was no different than 2013, 2012, 2011, etc you can actually look further back to find many embarrassing losses if you put in the effort for a 2 second google search. I seem to remember a team or two in the near distant past who absolutely no showed against Iowa and the only memory is a certain coach coming within a few inches of nailing a ref with his hat while throwing a fit.

You need to rewatch that 2014 Iowa game. It didn't play out the way this year's game did at all, with the exception of the final score.

Coach that makes staff changes and plays nice with superiors and fans goes from 5-7 to 9-3 and he's on the hot seat? Lol...k

Are these not the same numbnut folks that said we shouldn't have fired Bo because 9 wins was enough and we were being greedy, but Riley getting blown out this year is reason to set his pants ablaze?

Going from 5 and 7 to 9 and 3 is meaningless. There was no viable excuse for 5 and 7 last year.

And how exactly is this program behind where it was in 2014? In 2014 we finished 9-3 with one of the best RB's in school history. We dropped a close road game to Sparty, got embarassed by Wisconsin and lost a headscratcher to Minnesota.

Compared to the 15 or so embarassing losses the 7 years prior and 0 signs of improvement?

Not excusing the embarrassing losses from the previous regime but the OSU and Iowa losses from this year and the Purdue and Illinois losses from last year were among the most embarrassing in school history.

Compared to the 15 or so embarassing losses the 7 years prior and 0 signs of improvement?
Not excusing the embarrassing losses from the previous regime but the OSU and Iowa losses from this year and the Purdue and Illinois losses from last year were among the most embarrassing in school history.

As are 2008 Mizzou, 2008 OU, 2009 Iowa State, 2010 Texas, 2010 A&M, 2010 Washington, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Michigan, 2012 tOSU, 2012 Wisconsin, 2013 UCLA, 2013 MSU, 2013 Iowa, and 2014 Wisconsin.

As are 2008 Mizzou, 2008 OU, 2009 Iowa State, 2010 Texas, 2010 A&M, 2010 Washington, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Michigan, 2012 tOSU, 2012 Wisconsin, 2013 UCLA, 2013 MSU, 2013 Iowa, and 2014 Wisconsin.

As bad as some of those losses were, they were not as embarrassing as the 4 I listed.

No, MR is not on the hot seat. This year was ridiculously humiliating, but everyone on the team is buying into him and so am I, especially since he showed that he's willing to fire his buddies. If next year is another 6-7 season, let him go. Otherwise, give him a few more years.

Curious as to why it was ridiculously humiliating. We got all the way to the top 10 and lost to 3 teams that any reasonable fan would expect to lose to prior to the season kicking off. We didn't have a solid/consistent RB1, receiving/TEs hit by injuries, along with the O Line that wasn't expected to be spectacular to begin with.

Were there some disappointing losses? Sure. But ridiculously humiliating is pretty harsh seeing how NO ONE was expecting this team to be a playoff/conference contender.

It;s not that we lost to 3 good teams. It's that we had a good, quality loss, then got spanked in the next 2 losses. If we were 9-3 with competitive losses, then I'd talk differently. Injuries are a setback but not an excuse.

As bad as some of those losses were, they were not as embarrassing as the 4 I listed.
not true at all

not true at all

100% true. But you are free to have an incorrect opinion.

not true at all
100% true. But you are free to have an incorrect opinion.
is the 2010 ATM game embarrassing because of coach behavior? That was a close game on the rode stolen by the refs

This topic is beyond getting old and it seems few opinions are changing about the firings of multiple coaches, although there is very little defense of Callahan that I have seen.

The program has been mired in mediocrity since 2003. The damage which created this mess began even before that really.

I like Riley but it is going to be a process of restoring the order of things and recruiting is the of the utmost urgency. This class is absolutely critical and somehow we've got to find a way to win a majority of the games next fall or it will be a case of 2 steps forward and three back IMO. While not on the hot seat, the urgency is clearly there to find a way to get to the top 15 by January 1, 2018.

This guy is obviously a moron and didn't do his homework. Bo was fired because he was a nut case and couldn't control his anger issues on the sidelines. There's a TON of proof to back that up, but this guy chose to ignore it and make it about 9 wins and how that's insane to expect that every season. But this is the norm for "news" folks these days. Write up some B.S. and call it an article..............brilliant! :facepalm:

Whether true or not, the perception is that we've fired 2 of our last 3 coaches in spite of the fact that 2 of them won over 70% of their games and played for championships.

It's not a good perception to have.

This old argument again. People know Nebraska hasn't been significant on the national scale in a long long time. No conference championships in forever, etc. People who halfway follow college football also know that certain schools have certain expectations and it's the same way with other college and pro sports. They also know that nowadays coaches get fired if they're getting beat by their conference rivals year in and year out, lose their bowl games moreso than not or they consistently lose the truly important games against ranked teams, etc year in and year out. This isn't 1988 and this isn't Wake Forest or Central Florida we're talking about here.

This guy is obviously a moron and didn't do his homework. Bo was fired because he was a nut case and couldn't control his anger issues on the sidelines. There's a TON of proof to back that up, but this guy chose to ignore it and make it about 9 wins and how that's insane to expect that every season. But this is the norm for "news" folks these days. Write up some B.S. and call it an article..............brilliant! :facepalm:

Whether true or not, the perception is that we've fired 2 of our last 3 coaches in spite of the fact that 2 of them won over 70% of their games and played for championships.

It's not a good perception to have.

This old argument again. People know Nebraska hasn't been significant on the national scale in a long long time. No conference championships in forever, etc. People who halfway follow college football also know that certain schools have certain expectations and it's the same way with other college and pro sports. They also know that nowadays coaches get fired if they're getting beat by their conference rivals year in and year out, lose their bowl games moreso than not or they consistently lose the truly important games against ranked teams, etc year in and year out. This isn't 1988 and this isn't Wake Forest or Central Florida we're talking about here.

Ok, so you're saying that the perception I stated is out there actually is out there.