B1G Coaching Hot Seat Rankings

Mavric

I don't think Riley is on the hot seat. Definitely not with Eichorst imo. A lot can happen. He could keep churning out winning seasons overall and as long as the faithful show up I don't see him being on some super short leash. Again a lot of things can happen. He has at least 4 years here or longer imo simply due to the administration currently in place.

Coach that makes staff changes and plays nice with superiors and fans goes from 5-7 to 9-3 and he's on the hot seat? Lol...k

Are these not the same numbnut folks that said we shouldn't have fired Bo because 9 wins was enough and we were being greedy, but Riley getting blown out this year is reason to set his pants ablaze?

Going from 5 and 7 to 9 and 3 is meaningless. There was no viable excuse for 5 and 7 last year.

None. This program is still behind where they were in 2014.

Have to agree with this. We lost some close, but winnable games last year. We could have easily been 9-3 last year.

I doubt MR is on the hot seat at this point. He will get at least 3 more years to prove himself.

Coach that makes staff changes and plays nice with superiors and fans goes from 5-7 to 9-3 and he's on the hot seat? Lol...k

Are these not the same numbnut folks that said we shouldn't have fired Bo because 9 wins was enough and we were being greedy, but Riley getting blown out this year is reason to set his pants ablaze?

Going from 5 and 7 to 9 and 3 is meaningless. There was no viable excuse for 5 and 7 last year.

Nowhere did I suggest 5-7 was acceptable.

And how exactly is this program behind where it was in 2014? In 2014 we finished 9-3 with one of the best RB's in school history. We dropped a close road game to Sparty, got embarassed by Wisconsin and lost a headscratcher to Minnesota.

I would say we are exactly on par with 2014.

• Fire 1

From his outsider's perspective, I can completely understand where he's coming from. Most people believe that we fired Bo due to the mass mediocrity instead of the anger issues that most of us Nebraskans know was the problem. Considering Bo's record while at Nebraska, people think that if Mike Riley were to make us fall into mediocrity once again, that he will be given the same treatment. I don't necessarily agree with what this guy has written, but I definitely see where he is coming from.

I don't.

Mike Riley goes 6-7 in his 1st year, to at worst, 9-4 in his 2nd year, and this guy thinks that puts him, "...on the hot seat," seriously?

This is a case of someone just trying to get people to click the link and read his fabricated drama. It's cheap bait and I bet that guy has a side gig producing reality television shows.

The OP was just pooh being thrown at the wall. No different than this article.

There is NO way Riley is #1 on the hot seat in the Big Ten with a record of 9-4 or 10-3 after going 6-7 last year. The author is being ridiculous.

This guy is obviously a moron and didn't do his homework. Bo was fired because he was a nut case and couldn't control his anger issues on the sidelines. There's a TON of proof to back that up, but this guy chose to ignore it and make it about 9 wins and how that's insane to expect that every season. But this is the norm for "news" folks these days. Write up some B.S. and call it an article..............brilliant! :facepalm:

And how exactly is this program behind where it was in 2014? In 2014 we finished 9-3 with one of the best RB's in school history. We dropped a close road game to Sparty, got embarassed by Wisconsin and lost a headscratcher to Minnesota.

The amount of embarrassing losses the last 2 years disagree with you.

No, MR is not on the hot seat. This year was ridiculously humiliating, but everyone on the team is buying into him and so am I, especially since he showed that he's willing to fire his buddies. If next year is another 6-7 season, let him go. Otherwise, give him a few more years.

Curious as to why it was ridiculously humiliating. We got all the way to the top 10 and lost to 3 teams that any reasonable fan would expect to lose to prior to the season kicking off. We didn't have a solid/consistent RB1, receiving/TEs hit by injuries, along with the O Line that wasn't expected to be spectacular to begin with.

Were there some disappointing losses? Sure. But ridiculously humiliating is pretty harsh seeing how NO ONE was expecting this team to be a playoff/conference contender.

This guy is obviously a moron and didn't do his homework. Bo was fired because he was a nut case and couldn't control his anger issues on the sidelines. There's a TON of proof to back that up, but this guy chose to ignore it and make it about 9 wins and how that's insane to expect that every season. But this is the norm for "news" folks these days. Write up some B.S. and call it an article..............brilliant! :facepalm:

Whether true or not, the perception is that we've fired 2 of our last 3 coaches in spite of the fact that 2 of them won over 70% of their games and played for championships.

It's not a good perception to have.

Well, seeing how the 2014 squad was no different than 2013, 2012, 2011, etc you can actually look further back to find many embarrassing losses if you put in the effort for a 2 second google search. I seem to remember a team or two in the near distant past who absolutely no showed against Iowa and the only memory is a certain coach coming within a few inches of nailing a ref with his hat while throwing a fit.

Compared to the 15 or so embarassing losses the 7 years prior and 0 signs of improvement?