Good grief

mwj98

He needed Carl. When Carl left so did our defense. The wrong brother maybe in charge.

If we think Bo didn't have the temperament to be in charge, we know fully well Carl didn't. All the media and administration politics aside, Bo is a very good football coach and Carl is one of the better defensive line coaches around.

Defensive coaches are often more outwardly passionate than offensive coaches.

We've had some very talented coaches at Nebraska over the past 15 years. The power struggles at the higher levels have adversely affected the football program.

It weird how many former Husker football coaches are having success elsewhere........

In Bo's 2nd year at a program, he takes a team to heights that put them in the national conversation.

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Yes the similarities are there, and Bo's coaching philosophy and antics may have a "shelf life" at a school/team. But, at least in the short-term, he has shown a talent to be able to take over a team and improve it.

I used to be a Boliever. However, it became clear to me that Bo actually WANTED to get fired from Nebraska. His antics, from his over the top sideline blowouts, to publically insulting his boss, were signs that he'd had enough.

Bo is thin-skinned individual who can't take any criticism, no matter how justified it is, without lashing out like a spoiled child.

He created a culture at NU where he turned the players against the fans. He railed at the media. He was an extremely lazy recruiter. He thought that the pressure he faced at Nebraska was the worst ever. Obviously he's an idiot because if he thinks Nebraska fans are bad, then he should try and be the head coach at Ohio State, USC, Alabama, etc. Yes Nebraska fans can be demanding, but I would think we're no different from any other passionate fan base who just wants our team to play well and win.

I can't believe there are still people defending that neck vein popping, rage spitting, psycho.

hmmmm where have we seen someone like that lately could it be SATAN! errr trump lol

In Bo's 2nd year at a program, he takes a team to heights that put them in the national conversation.

Yes the similarities are there, and Bo's coaching philosophy and antics may have a "shelf life" at a school/team. But, at least in the short-term, he has shown a talent to be able to take over a team and improve it.

Because he's at the job he should have had before getting this one.

Bo did not turn the players against the fans...We turned the players against us. Look at some of the sh#t that we spew about the players on message boards, on twitter on radio shows.

Jesus...most of us that post on this site cry and bitch when another poster "attacks" them...we have a thread about "douchbags" that is like 30 pages long.

Those players are just like us...they get sick of it.

• Fire 5

Bo did not turn the players against the fans...We turned the players against us. Look at some of the sh#t that we spew about the players on message boards, on twitter on radio shows.

Jesus...most of us that post on this site cry and bitch when another poster "attacks" them...we have a thread about "douchbags" that is like 30 pages long.

There may be some truth to this.

However, Bo's attitude towards the fans souring on him is what pushed them towards their mentality of us against them. If it were simply because of message boards, every school would have that problem.

There may be some truth to this.

However, Bo's attitude towards the fans souring on him is what pushed them towards their mentality of us against them. If it were simply because of message boards, every school would have that problem.

Every school does have that "problem". The players read message boards and their tweets and they hate the stupid fans that post stupid sh#t about them. Just like I would hate it and you would hate it and we would all hate it. I guess it is not really even a problem, it is just how it is. It is why they players basically hang out with each other for the most part.

And most coaches hate the fans...They tolerate them because they have to but that is usually about it.

Now, it clearly has different levels but it is at all schools. Hell, I would not be shocked if most coaches don't say something like "Guys, you are going to get a bunch of morons that say stupid sh#t about you and to you...do you best to ignore it. They are idiots"

I disagree. Bo was a national champion defensive coordinator. Most of those guys get head coaching jobs at a big school. It's also not like he was a complete failure at Nebraska. He just didn't succeed as big as we would have liked him to.

I'm sure Bo likes being at Youngstown because it's home for him and his family. He can have his kids go to Cardinal Mooney and he can look for a bigger job in a few years. Or he can stay there for a long time and still live off the millions he made at NU.

• Fire 1

I disagree. Bo was a national champion defensive coordinator. Most of those guys get head coaching jobs at a big school. It's also not like he was a complete failure at Nebraska. He just didn't succeed as big as we would have liked him to.

I'm sure Bo likes being at Youngstown because it's home for him and his family. He can have his kids go to Cardinal Mooney and he can look for a bigger job in a few years. Or he can stay there for a long time and still live off the millions he made at NU.

A lot of coordinators do that, yes.

I just think cutting his teeth at a lower profile gig would have yielded him much better results here.

I just think cutting his teeth at a lower profile gig would have yielded him much better results here.

But, from where he was at LSU, that would have been a major demotion. Going from a National Champion DC to an FCS head coach is a demotion.

But, from where he was at LSU, that would have been a major demotion. Going from a National Champion DC to an FCS head coach is a demotion.

Even a lower tier FBS job would have done him wonders. This should not have been his first gig.

"We turned the players against us?" You serious Clark?

I won't deny some Nebraska fans can be a little over the top. The ones who are viciously over the top are usually lubed up on liquid courage. That's what being a fan is, because fan is short for fanatic--some just take the fanatic part to its literal meaning.

Players at Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, USC, in the NFL, et al, receive the same type of abuse and/or death threats when they don't play well and/or it is believed their poor play leads to a loss. Remember the Michigan punter who (in '15) fumbled the punt which led to a Michigan State win? Yeah, he got death threats and the kinda hate directed at him that would make any Nebraska fanatic seem reasoned and calm.

That does not make it right, certainly. But to imply this as a problem exclusive to Nebraska, and to say that such terrible behavior is only present in the Big Red fan base is ludicrous.

I watched the game and saw a passionate coach do what was necessary to keep his players motivated under adverse conditions. He made the play calls and the players executed...now, they are headed to a Championship game and we are not. We are going to Nashville for a meaningless bowl game. At least we aren't Minnesota!