Eichorst Statement About Football Program

Mavric

"What if?" Pelini, Perlman and Osborne could have sat down in a room and agreed to put the power struggle in the broom closet.......?

They're now all gone, so for the many who claimed that Perlman was the real ghost in the machine causing our football program to be snakebit, meddling in areas he shouldn't have, well, we'd expect to see something change soon then, yeah?

Not necessarily, Landlord......the damage is done.

And (please) read that I'm not claiming Perlman is the "real ghost in the machine". There were three men equally and directly responsible.

Anyone trying to defend Eichorst's treatment of coaches is deceiving themselves. Eichorst was hired to fire Pelini. There is simply no other way around it. Perlman had wanted Pelini out for some time. That was Job #1 when Eichorst was hired.

Pelini had decided to go after the Miami job in 2010. He had an inside track - Mike Ekeler played football at Kansas State with then-Miami AD Kirby Hocutt. But Miami hired Al Golden instead. A couple months later Hocutt leaves Miami for Texas Tech. Miami then hires .... Shawn Eichorst. Pretty easy for Eichorst to find out that Pelini wanted the Miami job (one way or another at some point along the line). A couple years later, Eichorst interviews for the Nebraska job. No idea if that knowledge helped him get the job or not but now there is a Chancellor that wants Pelini out and an AD who knows he wanted out.

Eichorst wanted to fire Pelini after the 2013 season but couldn't get enough boosters on board to get it done. So now he's gone through a year wanting to fire Pelini and has to sit through another one trying to drum up enough support to get it done. How can anyone be surprised that there wasn't much of a relationship there. Eichorst trying to play it off as being busy is a thin cover story. After Eichorst hires his own guy, obviously they're going to have a close relationship - Eichorst has a vested interest in him succeeding.

The second paragraph is exactly what happened - straight from the horse's mouth. The third has been widely rumored and makes too much sense to not be true. Trying to pass off the bad relationship as being only Pelini's fault is disingenuous.

And I'm still convinced that Perlman or Eichorst was behind the leaked audio after the 2013 UCLA loss. Create a circus so that they could fire Pelini -- for cause. That's why there was no comment from either of them for days. Then we learned that Osborne already knew of the audio and gave Pelini a positive performance review, which meant the audio couldn't be used to fire Pelini per se.

Anyone trying to defend Eichorst's treatment of coaches is deceiving themselves. Eichorst was hired to fire Pelini. There is simply no other way around it. Perlman had wanted Pelini out for some time. That was Job #1 when Eichorst was hired.

Pelini had decided to go after the Miami job in 2010. He had an inside track - Mike Ekeler played football at Kansas State with then-Miami AD Kirby Hocutt. But Miami hired Al Golden instead. A couple months later Hocutt leaves Miami for Texas Tech. Miami then hires .... Shawn Eichorst. Pretty easy for Eichorst to find out that Pelini wanted the Miami job (one way or another at some point along the line). A couple years later, Eichorst interviews for the Nebraska job. No idea if that knowledge helped him get the job or not but now there is a Chancellor that wants Pelini out and an AD who knows he wanted out.

Eichorst wanted to fire Pelini after the 2013 season but couldn't get enough boosters on board to get it done. So now he's gone through a year wanting to fire Pelini and has to sit through another one trying to drum up enough support to get it done. How can anyone be surprised that there wasn't much of a relationship there. Eichorst trying to play it off as being busy is a thin cover story. After Eichorst hires his own guy, obviously they're going to have a close relationship - Eichorst has a vested interest in him succeeding.

The second paragraph is exactly what happened - straight from the horse's mouth. The third has been widely rumored and makes too much sense to not be true. Trying to pass off the bad relationship as being only Pelini's fault is disingenuous.

:rollin:facepalm: Jesus. Poor Bo, he was just perfect. :wub: Give me a f'n break.

I didn't read that at all in his post.

So Pelini wanted to leave Nebraska as early as 2010, and was constantly looking to get out every season after that, and yet Eichorst is the bad guy.

Why can't it be both?

IF, Eichorst was brought in specifically for firing Bo...how does that make him the bad guy for doing what his bosses wanted? Just to be clear, I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that Eichorst was brought here specfically for that reason.

I doubt it. It disappoints me that it still comes up. I wish we could give negative votes to anybody who brings his name up here on HB.

Nobody lives their life based on negative internet points and therefore would stop nothing.

But it would give me one millisecond of a chance to express my frustration and disgust, and it's really all about me (and Bo.)

Bo felt screwed over at Nebraska. He wanted out because he was pissy about Carl getting pushed out which was his own damned fault. He couldn't field a competent offense in 2009, so we managed to lose a game to Texas we had no business losing. That was the BCS's fault and the Big 12's fault. Then the fans were upset that we got humiliated by Wisconsin in our B1G debut so they voiced their displeasure as many paying customers do, so his taped rant after tOSU '11 is the fans fault. Him not getting the Miami job he wanted is Perlman and ADSE's fault. Getting embarassed by Wisconsin in the title game was....Bill Callahans fault?

Idk, for all the things that went wrong under his watch, not many of them were his fault. Maybe that's why he is at an FCS school in his home area and not a cushy ACC gig.

Take away wondering about whos fault it was for just a moment......because as I mentioned earlier, several grown men are at fault for where the Nebraska football program is.

So.....for just a moment.....here's a "what if?"

"What if?" Pelini, Perlman and Osborne could have sat down in a room and agreed to put the power struggle in the broom closet.......?

What if?

Osborne still retires. Harvey still hires Sean Eichorst. Bo still can't get over the 9-4 hurdle.

Mic Drop

Awesome!

Not to discredit your post but Pelini never had an "in" with Miami. There is a reason Ekeler left at the end of 2010 and it didn't have to do with a Co-DC position. He was gonna be gone no matter what.

I'm sure there were other things going on. But according to Ekeler, Pelini used Ekeler's connection to try to get an in on the Miami job.

• Fire 1

:rollin:facepalm: Jesus. Poor Bo, he was just perfect. :wub: Give me a f'n break. So Pelini wanted to leave Nebraska as early as 2010, and was constantly looking to get out every season after that, and yet Eichorst is the bad guy.

I don't have any idea where you're getting that out of my post. I've said multiple times that Pelini deserved to be fired. None of that makes Eichorst wrong for firing him - especially if (as I believe) he was brought in to do just that.

But people who try to put all the blame on Pelini for the lack of relationship with Eichorst or how Pelini felt about him are pretty significantly misguided.

• Fire 2

Bo felt screwed over at Nebraska. He wanted out because he was pissy about Carl getting pushed out which was his own damned fault. He couldn't field a competent offense in 2009, so we managed to lose a game to Texas we had no business losing. That was the BCS's fault and the Big 12's fault. Then the fans were upset that we got humiliated by Wisconsin in our B1G debut so they voiced their displeasure as many paying customers do, so his taped rant after tOSU '11 is the fans fault. Him not getting the Miami job he wanted is Perlman and ADSE's fault. Getting embarassed by Wisconsin in the title game was....Bill Callahans fault?

Idk, for all the things that went wrong under his watch, not many of them were his fault. Maybe that's why he is at an FCS school in his home area and not a cushy ACC gig.

This post is so wrong that simple common sense feels stupid reading it.

:rollin:facepalm: Jesus. Poor Bo, he was just perfect. :wub: Give me a f'n break.

I didn't read that at all in his post.

So Pelini wanted to leave Nebraska as early as 2010, and was constantly looking to get out every season after that, and yet Eichorst is the bad guy.

Why can't it be both?
IF, Eichorst was brought in specifically for firing Bo...how does that make him the bad guy for doing what his bosses wanted? Just to be clear, I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that Eichorst was brought here specfically for that reason.

I think he was brought here just for that. Anyone with common sense knows that,and he is not the bad guy for that. He is what he is, an over paid axeman. This is Harvey's fart in the elevator.

He's the bad guy for being a liar and being incompetent while searching for the next coach.

• Fire 2