Eichorst Statement About Football Program

Mavric

What did Riley do this year to actually justify firing him? Lose 4 games? Bo did that in his sleep. Get blown out twice in one season? Please, Bo did that and swiped hats at refs while doing it.

We aren't firing Riley. He is our coach for 2017. After that, it's anyones guess.

• Fire 1

What did Riley do this year to actually justify firing him? Lose 4 games? Bo did that in his sleep. Get blown out twice in one season? Please, Bo did that and swiped hats at refs while doing it.

We aren't firing Riley. He is our coach for 2017. After that, it's anyones guess.

So you're poo-pooing Riley's firing by saying he was doing the same things as the guy who got fired. MMmmmmmmmKay.

So you're poo-pooing Riley's firing by saying he was doing the same things as the guy who got fired. MMmmmmmmmKay.

Quit being coy, we know why bo was fired. The blowouts were a factor but if you think that was the tipping point and not the tirades and off the field stuff, he'd have been let go after the Iowa loss.
  • Fire 1

1. It would shock me if football coaches can't be fired while under contract...because it seems like just in the last month about 10 head coaches and about 100 asst coaches were canned.

2. The legend of why Bo was "really fired" will continue to grow and grow and grow. Just like the legend of what an ass BC was to TO and everyone else...just like how big of a drunk FS was...Bo was fired because he didn't WIN ENOUGH to put up with his behavior. SE didn't like him and didn't want to deal with him and that was that...good for SE for doing what he thought was for the best.

• Fire 1

1. It would shock me if football coaches can't be fired while under contract...because it seems like just in the last month about 10 head coaches and about 100 asst coaches were canned.

2. The legend of why Bo was "really fired" will continue to grow and grow and grow. Just like the legend of what an ass BC was to TO and everyone else...just like how big of a drunk FS was...Bo was fired because he didn't WIN ENOUGH to put up with his behavior. SE didn't like him and didn't want to deal with him and that was that...good for SE for doing what he thought was for the best.

Is the bolded really true? SE was hired to remove him from UNL. $ Byrne didn't leave NU because A&M was a better gig. He left because he didn't want to be the AD to fire Solich. Typically, things are put in motion long before they actually happen.

Is the bolded really true? SE was hired to remove him from UNL. $ Byrne didn't leave NU because A&M was a better gig. He left because he didn't want to be the AD to fire Solich. Typically, things are put in motion long before they actually happen.

I am just guessing that SE didn't like him...I would imagine he didn't.

You have to have cause to fire someone under contract, whether that's not winning enough games, recruiting well enough or whatever. You can't push them out the door just because Dabo Swinney suddenly is available for example. Which is exactly what you were saying upthread, fire the coach just because we can hire someone better. You have to have a valid reason to terminate the contract. Those valid reasons can vary based on the content of the contract.

To people who pay attention there is no "legend" behind why Bo was fired.

You have to have cause to fire someone under contract, whether that's not winning enough games, recruiting well enough or whatever. You can't push them out the door just because Dabo Swinney suddenly is available for example. Which is exactly what you were saying upthread, fire the coach just because we can hire someone better. You have to have a valid reason to terminate the contract. Those valid reasons can vary based on the content of the contract.

I don't think you need a "valid" reason if they are getting all the money that is owed to them on the contract.

Maybe I am taking crazy pills and totally wrong.

I don't think you need a "valid" reason if they are getting all the money that is owed to them on the contract.

That still depends on the specifics of the contract.

That still depends on the specifics of the contract.

Dude, anyone can be fired at anytime. Even if they have a contract, they can be fired. The contract ensures the coach that he gets paid out what he is owed for the remainder of the contract. The school gives multiple year contracts and annual extensions to ensure that the coach can tell recruits "hey, I am gonna be at the school for another 4 years. I have a contract that goes that long".

• Fire 2
Guest Husker_Fanatic

Now, I'm not all doom and gloom with the progress of recruiting, especially as of late, but his comments were quite interesting. Eichorst was quoted in saying 'recruiting is extremely important...the acquisition of talent is really, really important.'

I'm no recruiting expert, and I am happy with the athletes we have committed now. I guess time will tell if this quote will come back to haunt him later.

For the record, I hope it does not. I'm all for waiting until Riley is playing the athletes he recruited and developed.

Guest Husker_Fanatic

Oh! I just noticed that Sipple just wrote an article about this...

When Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst stated 12 days ago that the Husker football program needs to upgrade talent, much of Husker Nation took notice.

Link: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-eichorst-s-recent-comments-turn-up-heat/article_1a861b04-c863-565a-877a-b8232885bf56.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Oh! I just noticed that Sipple just wrote an article about this...

When Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst stated 12 days ago that the Husker football program needs to upgrade talent, much of Husker Nation took notice.

Link: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-eichorst-s-recent-comments-turn-up-heat/article_1a861b04-c863-565a-877a-b8232885bf56.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

I was kinda hoping someone would make a thread about Sip's article. I didn't want to be that guy.