How has Penn State completely passed NU?

Again. James Franklin went 7-6, 7-6 in his first two years. Last year PSU fans were probably moping about how they were soft, had no heart, their coordinators sucked, etc, etc, etc.

Weren't they coming off a near death penalty? It wasn't like they had a streak of 9 and 10 win seasons previous to Franklin being hired.

I mean...

2007 - 9-4

2008 - 11-2

2009 - 11-2

2010 - 7-5

2011 - 9-4

2012 - 8-4

2013 - 7-5

Technically you're right although those numbers don't exactly scream garbage heap to me.

Why are people so desperate to look at a single data point and make insane conclusions?

There is obviously more to it then this, but QB play is an obvious answer.... McSorley is more productive, and less mistake-prone then Tommy ever dreamed of being.

^ I believe this is more or less the answer. Good play from the QB position will win you a lot of games.

Funny how Penn State sucked when their highly recruited, statue QB was there, and is now doing great with a dual-threat QB who is only 6'0" and 200 lbs.

Their o line was absolute trash with that QB.

https://streamable.com/c22b

Did you see how sllllllloooooooooowwwwwww he was!

There is obviously more to it then this, but QB play is an obvious answer.... McSorley is more productive, and less mistake-prone then Tommy ever dreamed of being.

^ I believe this is more or less the answer. Good play from the QB position will win you a lot of games.

Funny how Penn State sucked when their highly recruited, statue QB was there, and is now doing great with a dual-threat QB who is only 6'0" and 200 lbs.

Their o line was absolute trash with that QB.

https://streamable.com/c22b

Did you see how sllllllloooooooooowwwwwww he was!

Again. James Franklin went 7-6, 7-6 in his first two years. Last year PSU fans were probably moping about how they were soft, had no heart, their coordinators sucked, etc, etc, etc.

Weren't they coming off a near death penalty? It wasn't like they had a streak of 9 and 10 win seasons previous to Franklin being hired.

So they were getting worse and worse?

I mean...

2007 - 9-4

2008 - 11-2

2009 - 11-2

2010 - 7-5

2011 - 9-4

2012 - 8-4

2013 - 7-5

Technically you're right although those numbers don't exactly scream garbage heap to me.

Why are people so desperate to look at a single data point and make insane conclusions?

Why do you think Nebraska has no chance of making it to the Rose Bowl next year?

And are we so certain Penn State will return? They could lose four games next year. Or maybe they'll make a big run. Who knows?

Ummmmmmmmm maybe coaching!!! Mr. apologist

Gene Chizik won a National Championship.

Why do you think Nebraska has NO chance of making it to the Rose Bowl next year?

Why do you think Nebraska has no chance of making it to the Rose Bowl next year?

And are we so certain Penn State will return? They could lose four games next year. Or maybe they'll make a big run. Who knows?

Why do you think Nebraska has NO chance of making it to the Rose Bowl next year?

Because they already had a fair amount of talent and then one special player to put them over the top. last time I looked we have neither. damn dude

Perhaps if the college playoff has four teams from the B1G.

Not buying Penn State is way ahead of us. They had a good year, no doubt. They suffered a blowout loss against Michigan. They had a string of huge plays in the 3rd quarter today. How can you score 4 TD's in 4 offensive plays and still lose? Their YoloBomb QB is similar to what we have. Their RB is a top NFL prospect so they have the edge there. I give them the edge in OL. WR corps pretty even. Their defense did not look good.

• Fire 1

PSU was NOT coming off a near death penalty. It may have been considered that if the sanctions had been kept in place but they were all reduced and then they were all removed ahead of time. PSU was given a fraction of the sanctions they were originally supposed to.

Makes OSU's tattoo punishment look even more stupid.

not to change the thread...but why is Oklahoma so competitive?

oh yeah, they had a rough run in the 90s and decided pretty quickly that didn't feel good and so they went and FIXED it! and it didnt take 2 freakin decades...

Husker66, you read my mind buddy. I was watching Oklahoma dominate Auburn and wipe the floor with their defense and offense. In fact, Oklahoma has always been in the conversation for playoffs and has probably played in as many tier one bowl games as Alabama. So my question to those who keep screaming that Lincoln is not a nice place where players want to come: Have you seen Norman Oklahoma? Why is it that Oklahoma reloads on QBs, WRs, and RBs and we can't get these players to come to Nebraska. My answer: the horrible coaches we have hired. I am willing to bet good money that if the Stoops brothers come to Nebraska, the huskers will be competing for championships almost every year. At least we might play in one of the six big bowl games that have eluded us for almost two decades now.

The most depressing thing today is that IOWA, the team that ripped us to the tune of 40-10, lost to Florida 30-3. It goes to show you how HORRIBLE of a job our coaching staff are doing. I wish I could just forward to the day where they announce that Eichorst and Mike Riley are done and hopefully make room for some people that understand husker nation tradition. Sadly, we have to endure this bullsh#t for two more years. If we are lucky two more toilet bowls for us in 2017 and 2018.

• Fire 1

Because they already had a fair amount of talent and then one special player to put them over the top. last time I looked we have neither. damn dude

..I'm sorry. I thought the answer was coaching? But now it's...lack of talent? :dunno