BTN: Early Look at 2017 B1G West

Mavric

Getting rid of a QB who didn't fit the mold; has to help. he was good if he could run but got nicked up too much to continue to run. couldn't throw an accurate pass. The line play will tell the biggest story; both offensive and defensive. move nick gates back to right tackle. if we can't get defensive ends; we might have to change defense structure.

We don't win the west, the seat will be hot IMO. Tired of excuses, time for results. Whisky, Wisky, Wisky.......

Unless we lose the West going 10-2/11-1, that seat will become an ejector seat for Riley and (most likely) Eichorst. Too many schools in the B1G and in close proximity making big splashes and reaping rewards at our expense. We'll not just start losing in-state kids to Iowa, but Colorado as well now that they've righted the ship. Plus, we've gotten some good kids when Colorado was down in the dumps--that's not as likely to happen now they're on an upswing.

Plus, don't forget we get our full share of sweet, sweet B1G money in 2017. Paying two former coaches' contracts won't be a big deal starting next year, provided someone doesn't do something stupid like give Riley a large extension.

will still suffer with PP lines on both sides of the ball.

Wasn't part of the reason our OLine was a walking MASH unit was because the coaches were redshirting talent for multiple positions? I thought that was one of the root causes for our disappearing offense as the season wore on...

I agrer Nebraska improve next season. Fresh faces in key spots might be an issue at times, but I for one am stoked to see what this team is really supposed to be capable of. I don't think we have enough talent across the board or depth wise yet to win the conference and get a playoff spot by any means, but I think we can win the division.

I don't know that I agree that he was brought in for his personality alone. It's hard to believe that an athletic director would not care about winning games since that's one of the ways he is evaluated for his position especially in football.

Im not saying if he goes 3-9 every year he or SE will keep their jobs but if he wins 7-9 games a year and has a good public image he isn't going anywhere. Just enough to keep the fans interested and the sell out streak going is all they care about.

I agrer Nebraska improve next season. Fresh faces in key spots might be an issue at times, but I for one am stoked to see what this team is really supposed to be capable of. I don't think we have enough talent across the board or depth wise yet to win the conference and get a playoff spot by any means, but I think we can win the division.

Penn State was supposedly in a similar position with all of their sanctions.

Penn State was supposedly in a similar position with all of their sanctions.

Penn State also made back to back hires that really made the sanctions irrelevant once they wore off.