2017 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup Campaigning Thread

Mavric

• Campaigning for a position is allowed in the designated Campaigning Thread only. Any campaigning found outside that thread, whether in Status Updates, sigs, whatever, will be met with swift, harsh and unforgiving discipline (you'll be forced to wear a Colorado Buffaloes avatar for a month).

We're always open to new ideas so let us know what you think so we can laugh at you consider your proposal.

Have fun and good luck!

I looks like it is a month. What a shame... :B)

19 is the number he chose most often for his jerseys, so here's a Buff's av with his number.

6bFwzzK.png

Mess with the bull and you get the horn.

This isn't a game to be taken lightly.

• Fire 1

So guys, I get the feeling that we're not going to add a scholarship placeholder. If that's the case, I feel like I should fully embrace this kicker thing.

Edit: I really meant longsnapper, it's silly to have a scholarship placeholder. I was so flustered by this whole kicker thing that I forgot what's important to me.

Ladies and gentleman, it is with great jubilation that I accept that my campaign to get a longsnapper on the team has been successful!

I would like to turn my full time and efforts to being selected as your kicker. Or rather, I will show up when needed do my job and go back to pretending like I'm an important member of the team.

It's not that I don't like Vector or Spurs, they're both great, they contribute regularly, they're well liked, but it's for those reasons that they make poor kickers. They want to be on the field, they participate, you don't want to see a player doing more than they're asked to do, you want them to do their job. Remember that dude on the packers that tried to grab the onside kick against the Seahawks? He might as well have had VectorVictor on the back of his jersey. I mean Vector has over 6.5k posts in his 10 years on the board. Yes, I've only been around for 7 years, but I have 550ish posts, I show up, I do my job, I goof off on the sideline (status') and you barely notice me besides the one thing I set out to do.

Spurs is the same way, he's been around for a month and already has 632 posts that just screams getting reps. He wants to be a WR, he wants someone to get him practice over and over again. The fact that I went through and looked up facts about the other options shows my dedication to the kicker position. I'm willing to take my lumps when I mess up, I'm willing to not post regularly, I'm willing to randomly throw MattyIce under the bus because it's funny. If this isn't what you want for a kicker by all means vote for one of the other two, but if you want someone who is willing to waste your time with excessively long posts (boy John, that one could've been good from 60 yards), I am your guy.

Vote for Huskerzoo for kicker, you know it's the right thing to do.

Edit: I won the longsnapper thing (though this might have been done regardless of my campaign). I have edited the first line of this post to reflect that I am great.

• Fire 2

Ladies and gentleman, it is with great sadness that I accept that my campaign to get a longsnapper on the team has failed.

Ahem....

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.....

I got nothing.

Skim through that post looking at the bolded.

Oh, no, I totally saw that we have a longsnapper position now. Very excited about it. I'm just a bit humbled by the fact I didn't notice it at all.

So guys, I get the feeling that we're not going to add a scholarship placeholder. If that's the case, I feel like I should fully embrace this kicker thing.

I like kickers, they kick ass!

We are kickers

We kick ball

We play with ball

We kick the ball

I am Raul

I'm kick machine

I play for seven different team

I kick football

I play with the ball

I kick for the team

I ... I ... am Raul

So, uh, I see I was nominated in a couple threads. I guess it's too late for those but here's my pitch:

A vote for me means more recess! More pizza for lunch! Less homework! P.E. scooter days galore! And chocolate milk!

Also, one of my only claims of athletic prowess is my testing as a freshman that said I was in the 80th percentile for point guards in the country. I call BS, but it would come in handy as a punt returner... if I had any top end speed.

As a kick returner, I would be bringing my NCAA Football knowledge to the table. I housed at least one kickoff per game, on average. I tabulated stats, so I know this for sure. I have a whole table full of Manila envelopes* to prove it.

As for the other remaining positions? Just take it from the guy who was certain Darnay was N: I'd be great!

* - I don't

• Fire 3

So, uh, I see I was nominated in a couple threads. I guess it's too late for those but here's my pitch:

A vote for me means more recess! More pizza for lunch! Less homework! P.E. scooter days galore! And chocolate milk!

Also, one of my only claims of athletic prowess is my testing as a freshman that said I was in the 80th percentile for point guards in the country. I call BS, but it would come in handy as a punt returner... if I had any top end speed.

As a kick returner, I would be bringing my NCAA Football knowledge to the table. I housed at least one kickoff per game, on average. I tabulated stats, so I know this for sure. I have a whole table full of Manila envelopes* to prove it.

As for the other remaining positions? Just take it from the guy who was certain Darnay was N: I'd be great!

* - I don't

You had me at scooter days.

• Fire 2

As a kick returner I will return it well to give us great field position. Taking a knee in the endzone is never an option-that is only for people who want second place. I will always give credit to my blockers cause ya know they deserve it.

As a punt returner I will never fair catch inside the five, for every touchdown I score random plus ones will be given out to those on the team(and those who helped block too).