When will Trump get impeached?

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

That's ok because everybody on the "other" side would be considerered terrible - so i guess not very good would be an upgrade.....

That's a load of excrement right there. While I can think of two, *maybe* three folks in the GOP stable that would do a decent job, there's at least half a dozen or more that would do a good job in the Democrat's stable and be rather moderate. 

Then again, if you subscribe to party affiliation and vilification over the actual issues and the needs of our country, then you're frankly part of the problem with this country.  

EDIT: I'll go and list off the top of my head (not in any order):

GOP: 

McCain

Rubio

Kaisish(sp)* (As a VP)

Dem:

Booker

Beto

Cuomo

Harris

Biden

Brown

Sanders* (As a VP)

Warren* (As a VP)

Garacetti

Edited by VectorVictor

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

That's a load of excrement right there. While I can think of two, *maybe* three folks in the GOP stable that would do a decent job, there's at least half a dozen or more that would do a good job in the Democrat's stable and be rather moderate. 

Then again, if you subscribe to party affiliation and vilification over the actual issues and the needs of our country, then you're frankly part of the problem with this country.  

GOP: 

McCain

Rubio

Kaisish(sp)* (As a VP)

Dem:

Booker

Beto

Cuomo

Harris

Biden

Brown

Sanders* (As a VP)

Warren* (As a VP)

Garacetti

I would like to see a Kasich/Rubio ticket - or Rubio/Kasich ticket.  Of course McMullin on the ticket would be good also.     --  I think a Booker/Harris ticket would be unbeatable on the Dem side esp in today's political climate.  The Dems would be advised to stay away from the old folks on the ticked - Biden, Brown, Sanders, Warren.

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

GOP: 

McCain

Rubio

Kaisish(sp)* (As a VP)

Dem:

Booker

Beto

Cuomo

Harris

Biden

Brown

Sanders* (As a VP)

Warren* (As a VP)

Garacetti

I'd add Jason Kander, Seth Moulton & Joe Kennedy III to your Dem list as well, though they're probably all a ways off from becoming serious contender until they get more national exposure. More of the rising stars mould

Both Kander and Moulton served in the Armed Forces, which is a huge selling point to a broad slice of America, unless, you know, you have bone spurs. Kander was an Intel officer in the Army and Moulton is a Marine.

Kennedy is Bobby Kennedy's great-grandson and JFK's great-nephew. 

Haven't heard Moulton speak much, but I can tell you from experience the other two are extremely gifted orators. They're very articulate and well-spoken when making a point. 

Kander is also leading an organization called Let America Vote that is committed to registering voters and fighting gerrymandering.

Moreover, all three are straight white males, which is apparently a sticking point for a lot of people. 

I'd also probably add Tom Cotton and Nikki Haley to this category for the GOP. 

Cotton was also an Army officer and again, straight white male. Nikki Haley is a former governor and now Ambassador to the UN, who I think had eyes on the SOS if Tillerson vacated it, but it seems the Trump admin will stick to its MO and keep straight white males in the highest positions.

I think we'll be seeing more of all of these folks down the road.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I would like to see a Kasich/Rubio ticket - or Rubio/Kasich ticket.  Of course McMullin on the ticket would be good also.     --  I think a Booker/Harris ticket would be unbeatable on the Dem side esp in today's political climate.  The Dems would be advised to stay away from the old folks on the ticked - Biden, Brown, Sanders, Warren.

My qualm about Rubio is he seems too spineless to stand up to Trump or his party. The guy wanted to retire but they dragged him out of it because his seat being at risk would hurt their chances for keeping the Senate red. 

He just seems to scripted and insincere about what he's doing to me, although I know a lot of folks feel differently. Maybe he'll regain traction and get a second chance down the road. Maybe Chris Christie really did destroy the trajectory of his career that night on the debate stage when he essentially labeled him Rubot. 

I've got no qualms with Kasich. I'm not a conservative, but he's about the only GOP pol who actually resisted Trump and stuck to his guns, along with McCain. The others - Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham - made a lot of noise but backed off when it became politically expedient.

And at least Kasich told the truth about healthcare.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, dudeguyy said:

My qualm about Rubio is he seems too spineless to stand up to Trump or his party. The guy wanted to retire but they dragged him out of it because his seat being at risk would hurt their chances for keeping the Senate red. 

He just seems to scripted and insincere about what he's doing to me, although I know a lot of folks feel differently. Maybe he'll regain traction and get a second chance down the road. Maybe Chris Christie really did destroy the trajectory of his career that night on the debate stage when he essentially labeled him Rubot. 

I've got no qualms with Kasich. I'm not a conservative, but he's about the only GOP pol who actually resisted Trump and stuck to his guns, along with McCain. The others - Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham - made a lot of noise but backed off when it became politically expedient.

And at least Kasich told the truth about healthcare.

I understand the qualm about Rubio -  that is why I prefer Kasich on top of the ticket.  Rubio has to remake himself after the Christie debate - but I think he can be a good spokesperson for a younger generation of Repubs if he finds his spine.   As you note, the repubs would be falling over themselves stupid if they don't find a way to get Nikki Haley more exposure. -- if she isn't irreparably damaged by being associated wt the Trump admin.  She would be the one to change the dynamics of a ticket - either as vp or top.  The Dems will most likely have a young ticket with at least one female on the ticket (after all of the sexual abuse stuff in the news, I woundn't be surprise to see 2 females on the ticket)

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are there really no longer posters on Huskerboard defending the President or his party?

Doesn't appear to be. Guess people using facts, logic, and information to question what their echo chamber tells them scared them off. 

What's funny/sad is that I'm actually pretty moderate (e.g. save for ARs, I'm a proponet of firearms), but I'm completely done trying to cover for the chicanery that the GOP engages in now. 

• Plus1 6

Guy, it is hard to explain the unexplainable, defend the undefendable, excuse the unexcusable, deny the undeniable, and accept the unacceptable.  Trump and because of their weakness to take an ethical stand against Trump the Congress have made the republican party the UNrepublican party.  When we look at the definition of 'Republic" below we see that the current congress have lost the concept of power being held by the people unless one classifies people as corporations, special interests, Russia, etc. 

Republic:  a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are there really no longer posters on Huskerboard defending the President or his party?

I wish there was.  However, I think it's pretty difficult to defend anymore so the people that are willing to still support are going to congregate onto a board where they have more friendly posts.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I wish there was.  However, I think it's pretty difficult to defend anymore so the people that are willing to still support are going to congregate onto a board where they have more friendly posts.

Whenever Newsmax posts an article that is  anti trump - they all come out of the wood works defending Trump and calling Newsmax a MSM liberal website. That is the same on most websites that are conservative in bent but not pulling the Trump line. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Not a huge fan of Trump, the person, but I am a fan of government de-regulation and a rising gdp. This is not an original question, but what has Trump done that violates constitutional rule of law and the norms of American governance?