Bob Diaco Introductory Presser

Mavric

Great Presser, but I'm curious were Bray fits in!

I saw a tweet where Bray and Diaco will coach the LBs. Haven't figured all the details out yet.

I figure, in a 3-4, LB's gotta be on point. Bobby D played LB and knows the 3-4. I am ASSuming it would be similar to a guy becoming DC who had experience with DB's spending more time there. I would think that Bray would enjoy the help as he is "new" to coaching. Might help him in the future to work with an experienced DC with a different schematic philosophy so Bray has experience in multiple schemes....

As far a Bray goes, it will be interesting to see how Diaco handles different parts of practice. I could see him getting things started during the position group part of practice then letting Bray run the LBs as he checks around on other groups. And Bray would also be focusing on LBs during team periods while Diaco takes a more overall approach.

But I could also see Bray feeling a little pushed to the side and looking for a different opportunity.

He indicated in the presser that the LB's would be together in meetings, but on the field will be mostly separated into IBL and OLB. Probably DCBD will do one group and Bray the other. Maybe.

Yeah, I thought having a dedicated safety coach and a dedicated cornerback coach really helped the secondary last season. Splitting up the linebackers like that could also be a great asset. Especially while transitioning to Disco Bob's defense.