Trump Foreign Policy

What the f'ing hell? f#*k this administration.

We're now in the habit of turning on Americans during a gd war instead of blaming the ones doing the killing?

The heinous actions are the result of the people committing them. Republicans and Democrats alike wanted nothing to do with getting involved with ISIS in the beginning. People wanted the middle east to take care of it.

Obama played the blame game as well. This isn't new.

I think it is new. I don't recall him blaming the violent acts of non-Americans on Bush. I could be wrong.

I knew people would say this but what I recall the most is blaming the previous admin for economic problems.

There was a lot of violence and terrorism in the world that was blamed on Bush foreign policies.

Point to a comparable instance of responding to a crime perpetrated by another regime by saying that Bush was responsible. Maybe it happened.

Everybody apportions credit and blame, this is true. The key word is comparable. Else, Trump will be given rein to do whatever he pleases under this principle so aptly named what-about-ism.

Also: Bush was blamed for Iraq? How crazy.

I didn't listen to the conference, but if the twitter summary is accurate they are saying that Obama's actions or failure to act gave rise to the regime's unchecked bloodshed.

Similarly you can blame Bush for AQ in Iraq, the inevitable rise of ISIS, and their bloodshed after he dismantled the Iraqi army without a plan. This is something Obama expertly did without specifically naming Bush.

This isn't new...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/president-obama-claims-rise-of-isis-is-unintended-consequence-of-george-w-bush-s-invasion-in-iraq-10115243.html%3Famp

Mr Obama said: "Two things: one is, Isis is a direct outgrowth of al-Qaeda in Iraq that grew out of our invasion. Which is an example of unintended consequences. Which is why we should generally aim before we shoot.

• Fire 1

We can rope a dope with comparisons all day long. But at the end of the day, what we have in the White House is a guy who takes credit for anything remotely positive (including a whole lot of stuff he had no part in) and foists anything that goes wrong into someone else's purview...

And that is... SAD!

We can rope a dope with comparisons all day long. But at the end of the day, what we have in the White House is a guy who takes credit for anything remotely positive (including a whole lot of stuff he had no part in) and foists anything that goes wrong into someone else's purview...

And that is... SAD!

Again, all things said about the previous resident of the White House.

So, let's stop acting like it's the frist time we've seen it. Let's simply demand better from all parties. We're one nation, we all take the blame for our leaders transgressions. Why can't we put this partisan crap aside and work as a team for once? One side, or both need to stand up and be the bigger people. Stop crying and work together to fix things.

• Plus1 1

And that is... SAD!

So, let's stop acting like it's the frist time we've seen it. Let's simply demand better from all parties. We're one nation, we all take the blame for our leaders transgressions. Why can't we put this partisan crap aside and work as a team for once? One side, or both need to stand up and be the bigger people. Stop crying and work together to fix things.

I'm talking in general here, not the comment Trump made today that annoyed me.

This isn't normal president speak. Obama didn't take credit for job creation that was set into motion by Bush (or he wouldn't have if it had happened), but Trump has multiple times. Obama didn't take sole credit for stock market increases or gas price decreases. He said he was happy gas prices were low. Obama wasn't one to boast or take sole credit for things even when he was highly involved.

Bush wasn't even borderline similar to Trump in this regard either. Trump has literally said if there is a negative poll about him it's a fake poll.

I'm tired of people saying and thinking this is just the same old stuff. It's not. It's hard for me to imagine that people saying these things were adults when Obama/Bush became president or if they were, paid attention to politics.

• Fire 4

It's the same. It's just not polished up. Obama took credit for almost all those things, he's just savy enough to say "we" and include others who worked hard in his acknowledgments. All good leaders know to do this, even if they don't really feel it deep down.

This blame game really is not something new, no matter what you guys want to think. You're just watching an unpolished turd go through the motions rather than a smooth speaker like Barack. The stench is more noticeable without the sugar coating.

I like Barack, but we're all going to take credit for the good things and distance ourselves from the bad. It just looks worse when you're incompetent to start with.

• Plus1 1

If I have one pint of water, it's the same thing as if you have one gallon.We both have water! Equivalence!

More like I have a gallon of water from the Platte and a gallon from the Flint river. Both are a gallon of water that expands when it freezes. Both you could drink, but one looks funny, smells funny, and might kill you.

For some reason we're trying to argue the semantics of water expanding when it freezes, even though that's the nature of the molecule and it will always expand.

I get that Trump constantly strokes his ego, but if you're trying to show that he's bad for this country stick to hard facts and number not subjective material. If you're trying to change a staunch Republicans mind all you'll get is a "Yeah, but..." It's not a subject worth getting worked up over given the plethora of other short comings this administration has.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

It isn't about Trump's ego. Who cares about his ego? What Moiraine presented in post #157 were facts. I could care less about changing the mind of a "staunch Republican." If that person can't rationally observe what's happening with this administration they're beyond anything I could say on a message board.

This is a dangerous time for America. This republic could change forever - for the worst - if people don't stop quibbling over niggling little details and start paying actual factual attention to this administration.

Who gives a merde about Republican or Democrat? We're talking about America now.

• Fire 1

The only hard fact in post 157 is what Trump said about polls. And that's not really the post I'm at issue with.

We're on the same page me thinks. It's stupid to quibble over this when there are so many bigger fish to fry. That is really my only point. This isn't that alarming or ground breaking to even mention any more.

• Plus1 1

And that is... SAD!

I'm talking in general here, not the comment Trump made today that annoyed me.

This isn't normal president speak. Obama didn't take credit for job creation that was set into motion by Bush (or he wouldn't have if it had happened), but Trump has multiple times. Obama didn't take sole credit for stock market increases or gas price decreases. He said he was happy gas prices were low. Obama wasn't one to boast or take sole credit for things even when he was highly involved.

Bush wasn't even borderline similar to Trump in this regard either. Trump has literally said if there is a negative poll about him it's a fake poll.

I'm tired of people saying and thinking this is just the same old stuff. It's not. It's hard for me to imagine that people saying these things were adults when Obama/Bush became president or if they were, paid attention to politics.

It's not the same old stuff and Trump has taken this to another level never seen before.

However, to deny that Obama didn't blame Bush constantly throughout the first half of his first term...well....that's revisionist history.

That said, I would prefer to concentrate on the pathetic actions and words of the child like mental midget in the White House right now.