Trump Foreign Policy

OK....let's all agree on something. The bill trick that Trump pulled was just stupid and Trump is a blubbering idiot. Debating what he did or is doing is meaningless so let's not waste our times doing that.

I'm also assuming that most of the board is not a fan of the American military industrial complex that promotes us having hundreds of thousands of troops around the world using weapons and equipment it is providing.

However, much of that military system is in place to protect people like Germany, France, Poland, Japan, South Korea....etc. fore which we have been doing for a very very long time. Now, we can either all agree that we are just going to keep doing that...which in reply, then we need to stop complaining about military budgets and the MIC. OR....we can start to pull back and have these countries start to use more of their own resources to provide these services.

Personally, I'm for pulling back and hopefully closing many of the close to 800 military installations around the world and using those resources here at home.

While 800 installations seems like a lot and probably is, there is more to it than just "protecting" these other countries.

These countries allow us, without questions because of what we have in place, to operate within their borders as forward operating bases for conflicts.

Let's say we decided to close shop on Germany and have them use their own resources. What hospital to wounded vets get flown to from the Afghan and Iraq conflicts?

Probably a bad example. When I have discussed this in the past, Germany would be one that I would keep open for that specific reason. We would need to keep a small number (less than 10) installations around the world up and going for things just like this.

So, in my head (without being totally briefed on what each installation does) the number of closings would be somewhere between 10 and 790.

Where do you come up with that number? 10 seems like a pretty crazy jump. Not sure I'd be sold on 10 being enough to maintain stuff.

SWAG method on how many facilities like Ramstein Germany we have in the world.

To interpret my earlier post, I know we need more than 10 installations. I also believe we should be able to close some to get below 790. So, the real goal is somewhere in between.

There isn't near wnough info or data to decide whether it has anything to do with Trump.

However, this is the type of sh#t he pulls on a daily basis. If something bad happens, anything, it's Obama or Hillary's fault. If something good happens, he caused it. So he deserves to have people make stupid, unverified claims made about him.

I wonder how he'll spin the stock market losses.

There isn't near wnough info or data to decide whether it has anything to do with Trump.

However, this is the type of sh#t he pulls on a daily basis. If something bad happens, anything, it's Obama or Hillary's fault. If something good happens, he caused it. So he deserves to have people make stupid, unverified claims made about him.

I wonder how he'll spin the stock market losses.

Same can be said for Obama during his first term in relation to the economy and war on terror. He may have been more civil in the way he shifted blame, but he did it as well.
  • Plus1 1

I guess we're not privy to such information.

Least. Transparent. Administration. Ever.

He said over and over (and over) during the campaign that he didn't like that we were telling our enemies what we were going to do.

Any enemy that poses any sort of threat is going to be able to recognize the presence of hundreds/thousands of troops being deployed nearby though.Not that this is really a relevant point, given that Trump has never made a well thought out statement.

https://twitter.com/MarcDuvoisin/status/847624605753683970

I guess we're not privy to such information.

Least. Transparent. Administration. Ever.

He said over and over (and over) during the campaign that he didn't like that we were telling our enemies what we were going to do.

Any enemy that poses any sort of threat is going to be able to recognize the presence of hundreds/thousands of troops being deployed nearby though.Not that this is really a relevant point, given that Trump has never made a well thought out statement.
Right, but when you give them a time table they have a chance to redistribute forces and prepare. This is one idea I thought was ok. Obviously the public should be informed after our troops have been put in place and the enemy is aware of their presence as well.
  • Plus1 1