Trump Foreign Policy

I chuckle at Scarmucci being on Fox as some type of expert as "Former WH Communications Director".  Wasn't he in that position something like one week?  

That's a pretty good gig.  Spend a week there, don't even get your office unpacked.  Get fired.........make bank for years to come as an expert.

• Plus1 2

I can't post enough of these :facepalm: or these :bang  to express my disgust with what Trump is doing wt our friends and how he reaches out to Russia.   If there was ever an Manchurian president, it is him.  His comments over the weekend alone should prove collusion. 

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have absolutely no doubt that this photo plays well with Trump's base of Americans that have supported him all along.

I just don't get it.

I'm wondering how this all is going to play with farmers.  in the last 30 days, corn has lost 8.4% and beans have lost 7.6%.

I don't get it either. He looks like a little dumb baby pouting.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Agree, though. That posture is exactly what Trump promised, and what his supporters wanted to see: the world is coming to him and Trump is giving them nothing.

China and Russia are all to willing to fill in the vacuum that trump is creating.  Don't be surprised  if the EU countries either 1. Form a even stronger union to combat US trade or 2. Form broader agreements with Russia and or China.   Yes, it is hard to ignore the largest economy in the world, but they will find work arounds.  Trump extends an olive branch to ZTE - helping China save thousands of jobs but he throws are best friends under the buss.   He then wants to invite Russia back to the Group of 7 -  when India and Brazil have larger economies.  Words cannot express my disgust wt this guy.

And then I hear Rush on the radio while I was out for lunch stating that Trump is 2 moves ahead of everyone.  His hard nose stance with 'friends' will send a big message to NK - if Trump will hold a strong line wt friends - how much more wt NK. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

China and Russia are all to willing to fill in the vacuum that trump is creating.  Don't be surprised  if the EU countries either 1. Form a even stronger union to combat US trade or 2. Form broader agreements with Russia and or China.   Yes, it is hard to ignore the largest economy in the world, but they will find work arounds.  Trump extends an olive branch to ZTE - helping China save thousands of jobs but he throws are best friends under the buss.   He then wants to invite Russia back to the Group of 7 -  when India and Brazil have larger economies.  Words cannot express my disgust wt this guy.

And then I hear Rush on the radio while I was out for lunch stating that Trump is 2 moves ahead of everyone.  His hard nose stance with 'friends' will send a big message to NK - if Trump will hold a strong line wt friends - how much more wt NK. 

There's a lot of delusion Kool-Aid being drunk deeply by the Trumpers. He convinced them that both he & the United States are so great and powerful that we can afford to poke a finger in the eye of the entire rest of the world... and somehow still go our own way & actually be better than before. 

Simple solutions to complex problems rarely work. He's convinced them that protectionism in the form of tariffs & threatening multilateral trade deals or even friendly alliances like NATO or the UN or the EU is going to work out in our favor. They love that Trump is combative.

But what has it actually yielded, beyond blind faith in a cult of personality? Retaliatory tariffs & scorn from our allies. Applause & laughter from our anti-democratic adversaries. 

Trump is trying to re-align our foreign policies & alliances on his own. He's leaning into the anti-democracy autocrats. We as a country have to circle the wagons and prevent him from doing so.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Weirdly enough, Trump is bringing the world together. Against him.

There  could be some unexpected positives from this — our allies probably should learn to strike their own global deals without waiting to take every cue from the U.S.  Putin's dream is to weaken the European alliance, but if the world thinks Trump is Putin's puppet, it might actually strengthen the resistance. I think most world leaders understand that U.S. citizens (and global consumers) don't necessarily support Trump --- and many are appalled by him --- and will happily work with our giant economy when we rid ourselves of this reactionary buffoon. Or cut private deals that circumvent Trump directives --- I think California is prepared to act as its own nation. 

Trump is doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons, but it might be a needed shock to the system. 

22 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

There's a lot of delusion Kool-Aid being drunk deeply by the Trumpers. He convinced them that both he & the United States are so great and powerful that we can afford to poke a finger in the eye of the entire rest of the world... and somehow still go our own way & actually be better than before. 

Simple solutions to complex problems rarely work. He's convinced them that protectionism in the form of tariffs & threatening multilateral trade deals or even friendly alliances like NATO or the UN or the EU is going to work out in our favor. They love that Trump is combative.

But what has it actually yielded, beyond blind faith in a cult of personality? Retaliatory tariffs & scorn from our allies. Applause & laughter from our anti-democratic adversaries. 

Trump is trying to re-align our foreign policies & alliances on his own. He's leaning into the anti-democracy autocrats. We as a country have to circle the wagons and prevent him from doing so.

You don't have to think too hard about this:

Our European "allies" are a bunch of smartypants with small armies who say mean things about Donald Trump.

Vladimir Putin has a big army and says nice things about Donald Trump. 

That's all there is to this man.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Trump is doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons, but it might be a needed shock to the system. 

This is definitely true of political engagement here. Seemingly millions of Americans, importantly younger people, are realizing this is what happens when you just ignore politics & expect good things. Including that we have to demand better of our representatives than to think offering up Trump vs. Hillary is acceptable.

Hopefully it's true in a broader sense as well. Perhaps Trump can reform our democracy by being one of the most craptastic, toxic leaders we've ever had.

• Plus1 1

President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed a document on Tuesday stating that Pyongyang would work toward "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula"— a historic concession, which was one of the requirements the U.S. sought at the summit in Singapore.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/12/north-korea-agrees-to-complete-denuclearization-korean-peninsula-after-trump-kim-summit.html