Trump Foreign Policy

20 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why do we view Israel the way we do? Much of the Middle East wants to annihilate them, so I understand protecting them, but that doesn't mean they can't commit attrocities or that they should be immune from consequences when they do so.

I think we stand so strongly wt Israel based on this one verse from Genesis.  This is speaking of Abraham's descendants which eventually became Israel through Jacob and his descendants (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob).   The New Testament extension of this verse tells us that all families are blessed because the savior of the world would come out of Israel.

I agree we need to protect Israel but as a protector we also need to speak out and hold accountable when they do wrong. 

Genesis 12:3

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Bolton explains why the USA left the UN Human Rights council.  He is right about one thing - some bad thugs have  been members of the council

before - thus giving cover to the very poor human rights of their nations. 

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/emilie-cochran/bolton-levin-us-withdrew-un-human-rights-council-protect-american-sovereignty

Very true.  But, leaving the group so that those nations have a stronger voice is the chicken crap way of handling it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Very true.  But, leaving the group so that those nations have a stronger voice is the chicken crap way of handling it.

So true - but that is the Trump way.  Obama was accused and I think he said he would 'lead from behind' (whatever the h. that means) but as I've mentioned before, Trump doesn't lead at all - he Leaves.  He takes his ball and goes home.  You cannot influence anyone by isolating the USA canceling agreements. 

Teddy Roosevelt : Speak softly and carry a big stick. 

Trump: Speak loudly and carry a wet noodle. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So true - but that is the Trump way.  Obama was accused and I think he said he would 'lead from behind' (whatever the h. that means) but as I've mentioned before, Trump doesn't lead at all - he Leaves.  He takes his ball and goes home.  You cannot influence anyone by isolating the USA canceling agreements. 

Teddy Roosevelt : Speak softly and carry a big stick. 

Trump: Speak loudly and carry a wet noodle. 

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Oh boy.

McFaul was the Ambassador to Russia under Obama. Nichols is a decorated academic and an expert on Russia.

There were rumblings during the upcoming meeting between the two that the U.S. would make proposals attractive to Russia. This would be that. 4 Republican Senators are preparing to travel to Russia soon in the name of diplomacy. 

What in the world is the Republican Party doing?

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Oh boy.

McFaul was the Ambassador to Russia under Obama. Nichols is a decorated academic and an expert on Russia.

There were rumblings during the upcoming meeting between the two that the U.S. would make proposals attractive to Russia. This would be that. 4 Republican Senators are preparing to travel to Russia soon in the name of diplomacy. 

What in the world is the Republican Party doing?

Eastern Ukrainians speak Russian, so they belong with Russia. I'm paraphrasing Trump here. Hell, we may as well recognize that all of the former Soviet states belong to Russia.

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Eastern Ukrainians speak Russian, so they belong with Russia. I'm paraphrasing Trump here. Hell, we may as well recognize that all of the former Soviet states belong to Russia.

you can see putins plans

4 hours ago, commando said:

yeah..batdip crazy

Because we should just believe at face value what other countries' diplomats say?

When in the HISTORY of the world have we seen a desire for a global kumbaya?

Can we just end this naive belief?

33 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Because we should just believe at face value what other countries' diplomats say?

it's your view that our relationship with NATO, Canada, the G-7, Europe, japan, etc...etc...is better now than it was before trump?   

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Ummmm.....I would think almost everyone since the beginning of time has wanted a world wide kumbaya. 

So....from this statement, I’m assuming you desire wars all over the world?

3 hours ago, TheSker said:

But didn't you care what other countries thought when Obama was a "global embarrassment"?