Trump Foreign Policy

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummmm.....I would think almost everyone since the beginning of time has wanted a world wide kumbaya. 

So....from this statement, I’m assuming you desire wars all over the world?

I think you couldn't be more misguided with your statement or your question.

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Some of them are not so "proven".

If your belief is that America can afford to "go it alone" and forsake all our friendly diplomatic allies, it's just wrong. Period. We will lose if that is the path we choose. It may take a long time to play out; some may feel a surge of excitement when America starts dictating terms & taking bold, decisive action. But in the end, poking our friends in the eye with the arrogant belief that we're mighty enough for it to not matter will only isolate us  and harm our ability to accomplish things that are in our best interests.

It's why we're at where we're at. Trump thinks he's cunning enough to act as the hyper-aggressive alpha dog barking out orders to the rest of the world and shaking down our supposed allies to pay us nonexistent damages, more favorable trade terms, etc. 

He's perpetually wrong when his perceptions butt up against reality and that's why the rest of the world is laughing at us or shaking their heads.

• Plus1 4

On 6/23/2018 at 7:39 PM, commando said:

you can see putins plans

On 6/23/2018 at 7:24 PM, Moiraine said:

Eastern Ukrainians speak Russian, so they belong with Russia. I'm paraphrasing Trump here. Hell, we may as well recognize that all of the former Soviet states belong to Russia.

Big sections of southern USA speak Spanish - so should those parts go back to Mexico:dunno   I don't think trump want to move the boarder wall 600 miles north.

21 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Tariff alert:   Unintended consequences set in:  Harley to move some production overseas as a result of the tariffs.  So much for

helping USA manufacturing jobs.  This is what happens when one governs my the seat of their pants. 

https://apnews.com/6c8942f736374352be78b188e4d356c4/Harley,-stung-by-tariffs,-shifts-some-production-overseas

More on the above, now Trump attacks Harley for moving production overseas and accuses the company of using tariffs as an excuse.

The threatens them with taxes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-denies-hes-blame-harley-115823789.html

"A Harley-Davidson should never be built in another country-never!" Trump tweeted. "Their employees and customers are already very angry at them. If they move, watch, it will be the beginning of the end - they surrendered, they quit! The Aura will be gone and they will be taxed like never before!"

• Plus1 1