The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder if there will be a shake-up in their evening news, er I mean OPED, team?  It would have been nice to see them all on the hot seat testifying.  

Blow me over with a feather if that happens. It would have been possible if they had to take the stand. Now?  No. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What?  A congressman is part of the right-wing disinformation machine?

Whoops:laughpound  I bolded the first line for you.  Did the research Call to Activism doesn’t do as they spread misinformation. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Holden_(politician)

2017 electionEdit

Holden, a long-registered Democrat,[1] ran in the 2017 Democratic primary for New York City Council against incumbent Democrat Elizabeth Crowley, but lost 63.6% to 36.1%.[7] In the general election, Holden ran on the Republican, Conservative, Reform Party lines, as well as the independent "Dump de Blasio" line.[8] Despite not being a registered member of the Republican party, he was able to receive the county's nomination by obtaining a Wilson Pakula authorization.[8]

Holden won a tight race, garnering 10,653 votes to Crowley’s 10,426.[8][9][10]

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Whoops:laughpound  I bolded the first line for you.  Did the research Call to Activism doesn’t do as they spread misinformation. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Holden_(politician)

2017 electionEdit

Holden, a long-registered Democrat,[1] ran in the 2017 Democratic primary for New York City Council against incumbent Democrat Elizabeth Crowley, but lost 63.6% to 36.1%.[7] In the general election, Holden ran on the Republican, Conservative, Reform Party lines, as well as the independent "Dump de Blasio" line.[8] Despite not being a registered member of the Republican party, he was able to receive the county's nomination by obtaining a Wilson Pakula authorization.[8]

Holden won a tight race, garnering 10,653 votes to Crowley’s 10,426.[8][9][10]

:laughpoundWiki. :laughpound

define “longtime”

your link claims he ran as a Republican as late as 2021. 

• TBH 1

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It sure seems like these lawyers were looking for nothing but $$$.  And....maybe that's all their clients really wanted...so, they did their jobs.  Hopefully, the other lawsuits causes even a lot more pain for Fox, OAN, Newsmax...etc.

I'm not sure what people are looking for in this settlement as this is a lopsided win for Dominion. All the major/best evidence has already been released, and the court can't compel Fox to issue an apology.

Going to trial doesn't really accomplish anything.

Just now, RedDenver said:

I'm not sure what people are looking for in this settlement as this is a lopsided win for Dominion. All the major/best evidence has already been released, and the court can't compel Fox to issue an apology.

Going to trial doesn't really accomplish anything.

I believe there was a network that was sued and was forced to admit wrong doing on air.  So, I think you're wrong there.

Fox reported a net income last quarter of $321 million.  So, in two quarters, they easily make the money to pay the settlement.  Yes, that hurts.  But, it doesn't give long term damage and I would be very surprised if any of the network celebrities lose their jobs.

The one thing that is satisfying is that so much evidence has been discovered and released.  Hopefully, the other lawsuits accomplish what people are looking for.