The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

13 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

This claim was made out of whole cloth - entirely false, no factual basis, and totally fabricated with the outcome of riots, deaths, and subjecting the nation to years of turmoil just to sooth the fragile ego of a tiny cult leader.   Why he isn't locked away for life by now is beyond reason.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting thread:

And this one:

Thanks for passing along the media matters thread.  It was kinda interesting to read and probably learned a few things on how Revenue is generated.   A few things you might be able to answer as the thread wasn’t clear.

1) where did the Tucker commercial graph come from? 
2) the media matters guy made a big deal about how much Fox charges vs CNN and is only second to ESPN.   Why would Fox  charge the same as a company that it dwarfs in terms of eyeball watching?   Makes no sense.  
3). The media matters guy says fox cheats by having this type of revenue model.   How is this cheating?   
4). The media matters thread turned more interesting once we get to bottom and realize it’s just a dude? advocating for people to boycott Fox and harass advertisers.   
5) Instead of trying to be the television police, maybe media matters dude could put on counter programming and compete for viewers?   

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Thanks for passing along the media matters thread.  It was kinda interesting to read and probably learned a few things on how Revenue is generated.   A few things you might be able to answer as the thread wasn’t clear.

1) where did the Tucker commercial graph come from? 
2) the media matters guy made a big deal about how much Fox charges vs CNN and is only second to ESPN.   Why would Fox  charge the same as a company that it dwarfs in terms of eyeball watching?   Makes no sense.  
3). The media matters guy says fox cheats by having this type of revenue model.   How is this cheating?   
4). The media matters thread turned more interesting once we get to bottom and realize it’s just a dude? advocating for people to boycott Fox and harass advertisers.   
5) Instead of trying to be the television police, maybe media matters dude could put on counter programming and compete for viewers?   

I read it as someone (yes, I knew it was a dude) who simply is explaining how much more Fox makes off of subscriptions than other networks.  And....if you are someone who realizes what a pathetic propaganda machine Fox News is, you might be upset that so much of your subscription dollars are going to them...compared to others.  And, if that upsets you, contact your provider and express that.

I see nothing wrong with that.  I personally wish ZERO of my dollars were going to Fox News.

I don't have an answer on the "cheating" comment.

Fox can ask for whatever they want and if the providers agree to that, so be it.  However, as a subscriber to that provider, I don't have a problem expressing that I wish they didn't pay so much to them.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I read it as someone (yes, I knew it was a dude) who simply is explaining how much more Fox makes off of subscriptions than other networks.  And....if you are someone who realizes what a pathetic propaganda machine Fox News is, you might be upset that so much of your subscription dollars are going to them...compared to others.  And, if that upsets you, contact your provider and express that.

I see nothing wrong with that.  I personally wish ZERO of my dollars were going to Fox News.

I don't have an answer on the "cheating" comment.

Fox can ask for whatever they want and if the providers agree to that, so be it.  However, as a subscriber to that provider, I don't have a problem expressing that I wish they didn't pay so much to them.

I get it on the cable bundling.   I’m just not a big fan of the calling the advertisers  thing that group does.   The easiest way for him and others to drop fox revenue would be to just unbundle no need for the boycott nonsense and they get what they want.  (And yes, the right does the silly boycott game too) 

Just my three cents. 

• Plus1 1

Tucker Carlson knows that this is directly from the Russian disinformation machine yet he still presents it as factual.  The question is why?  My guess is it's strictly about ratings and so more money in his pocket.  There's a special place in hell for people like that.  

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Good deal.  Dominion believes they have a strong case - so why settle.  Expose Fox and its rotten core.  It will also set an example for the rest of the media in case anyone else tries to do the same.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1