The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Even Fox & Friends could be seen clenching their sphincters. 

They cut him off and got him off the air.

Think about that.  That's almost unimaginable that a TV show would do that to Obama, Bush, Clinton.  Imagine CBS getting a call from Ronald Reagan and just saying, "Well, you must be busy so... bye." 

Trump did himself no legal favors with that call.  We'll be hearing about it for years.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They cut him off and got him off the air.

Think about that.  That's almost unimaginable that a TV show would do that to Obama, Bush, Clinton.  Imagine CBS getting a call from Ronald Reagan and just saying, "Well, you must be busy so... bye." 

Trump did himself no legal favors with that call.  We'll be hearing about it for years.

First thing I thought of.  Normally the media would sit and interview for hours if the President was willing.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There are so many, many, many, many singular moments from the last two years that make the case for Donald Trump''s unfitness for office, but his call-in performance yesterday morning on Fox & Friends may just take the cake. 

Even Fox & Friends could be seen clenching their sphincters. 

Trying to give the pres cover and make up for his childish, unprofessional, and lawyer palm face comments.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Channel for the Hopelessly Uninformed strikes again. 

Fox News blacks out bombshell Michael Cohen revelations during 3 hours of primetime coverage

Shortly after 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Michael Avenatti tweeted out a bombshell — he claimed that following an investigation, his team determined that President Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, “received approximately $500,000 in the mos. after the election from a company controlled by a Russian [oligarch] with close ties to Mr. Putin.”

Avenatti added that “[t]hese monies may have reimbursed the $130k payment” Cohen made to Avenatti’s client, Stormy Daniels, a woman who claims to have had an affair with Trump and was paid just before the election for her silence about it.

Avenatti’s bombshell claim was quickly corroborated by The Daily Beast, New York Times, CNN, and other outlets. Before the night was through, AT&T acknowledged it was implicated in the scandal as well — the company made $200,000 in payments to Essential Consultants, a shell company set up by Cohen that also received payments from a company linked to a Russian oligarch.

But if you spent Monday evening watching Trump’s favorite network, you might still be in the dark about all of that. According to SnapStream transcripts, the name “Michael Cohen” was not uttered a single time during Fox News’ top-rated shows hosted by Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, or Laura Ingraham.

• Plus1 2

31 minutes ago, knapplc said:

MW-GE557_MediaB_20180228115701_NS.jpg

I've posited (maybe just in my head) that the GOP is much better at propaganda, and this chart may lend credence to that. Or, maybe I'm just more likely to learn about the ones that anger me the most. But for the most part I haven't heard of the ones on the far left. In the red box I've only heard of "Occupy Democrats" and I thought that was just a FB group. I'm not a member but I see people liking their posts. In the orange I've heard of Buzzfeed and Huffington Post. I thought Buzzfeed was celebrity news or something like that. Huffington Post is really the only one where I know what they do. On the orange and red on the right, I've heard of at least half of those.

Another kind of scary thing is the ones in the red box have names that sound respectable. The left red seem to mostly be websites or blogs.

I've been trying to make a habit the past couple years of getting a lot more of my news from NY Times and a lot less from CNN.com.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I haven't heard of the ones on the far left.

You've heard more about the ones on the far right because people post them as sources here.  And the worst of them, when they're called out for doing it, call us "liberals" and run away or get banned.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You've heard more about the ones on the far right because people post them as sources here.  And the worst of them, when they're called out for doing it, call us "liberals" and run away or get banned.

Mayhap.

The other thing is, FoxNews is in the red and that's the go-to news source for Republicans. Including the ones I know in real life. Having trustworthy news sources is vital - without them I have no clue what happened in Washington D.C. today or even in the past year. I don't think many people think about how important it is very often, because I didn't start thinking about until recently. I just thought Fox News was ridiculous but didn't think of any true ramifications of it.

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine