Trump Legal Troubles

4 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Amazing how easy a narcissist can lump himself in the company of many sad days America has had. From events like Gettysburg to Pearl Harbor to 9/11. And here you have a guy who carelessly mishandles our National Security investments, breaks the law, and he wants us all to feel sorry for him when he gets in trouble for it. 

It's pathological and would be funny if he was the town nut ranting during the open mike portion of your city council meeting. 

The man can't breathe without superlatives. That's why it's the greatest witch hunt in all of history. 

33 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Amazing how easy a narcissist can lump himself in the company of many sad days America has had. From events like Gettysburg to Pearl Harbor to 9/11. And here you have a guy who carelessly mishandles our National Security investments, breaks the law, and he wants us all to feel sorry for him when he gets in trouble for it. 

I was just thinking the same thing.  Someone who is not a narcissist, would be thinking, this is a sad day for me.  It's up to other people to judge whether it's a sad day for the country.

27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's pathological and would be funny if he was the town nut ranting during the open mike portion of your city council meeting. 

The man can't breathe without superlatives. That's why it's the greatest witch hunt in all of history. 

Salem witches are looking at this saying.....dang.....glad we weren't treated that bad.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What amazes me and what I find so interesting is that the people who are so devoted to him wrap themselves in the flag and think they are the greatest patriots in America and totally support our military and troops. 

Meanwhile, their cult leader is giving out our military secrets. And when he’s arrested for it, they think it’s all a hoax. Then, he begs for money from them to help him…..and they send it. 

It truly is a fascinating study on cult mindsets. 

watching them outside the courthouse today was funny/sad. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meanwhile, their cult leader is giving out our military secrets. And when he’s arrested for it, they think it’s all a hoax

I’m not disputing or referencing anything else in your post, but this caught my fancy.   I do think it’s ironic that the thing Trump will be in trouble for, based on the charges, is Trump sharing info that disputes Milley’s assertion about Trump wanting to have an attack plan on a foreign nation.   The info shows though, Milley lied to everyone and it was him and his group that actually made the attack plans without Trump being involved and blamed it on Trump.  

Still Trumps fault for harboring and showing the info, but a terrible look for Milley in the process. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not disputing or referencing anything else in your post, but this caught my fancy.   I do think it’s ironic that the thing Trump will be in trouble for, based on the charges, is Trump sharing info that disputes Milley’s assertion about Trump wanting to have an attack plan on a foreign nation.   The info shows though, Milley lied to everyone and it was him and his group that actually made the attack plans without Trump being involved and blamed it on Trump.  

Still Trumps fault for harboring and showing the info, but a terrible look for Milley in the process. 

Do you have a link to that assertion?  I'd be concerned if Trump was involved in drawing up attack plans.  He'd approve them, discuss options, and when/if to use them.  It would be counter productive to have that guy especially involved in the detailed planning phase.  

And why would having an attack plan on one of our adversaries be grounds for placing blame?  In fact, it would be negligence on the part of the Joint Chiefs of Staff not to have attack plans at the ready. It doesn't mean you use the plans but that you're ready in a moments notice if the need arises.   

• TBH 4
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Do you have a link to that assertion?  I'd be concerned if Trump was involved in drawing up attack plans.  He'd approve them, discuss options, and when/if to use them.  It would be counter productive to have that guy especially involved in the detailed planning phase.  

And why would having an attack plan on one of our adversaries be grounds for placing blame?  In fact, it would be negligence on the part of the Joint Chiefs of Staff not to have attack plans at the ready. It doesn't mean you use the plans but that you're ready in a moments notice if the need arises.   

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4046504-trump-milley-feud-played-key-role-in-classified-documents-case/amp/

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

In fact, it would be negligence on the part of the Joint Chiefs of Staff not to have attack plans at the ready

We do, in fact, have attack plans developed for every enemy, many nations against whom we currently have no animosity, and some allies. This is simple prudence. 

Every country with a competent military has such plans, and they adjust them as situations change. 

Of course this is all a boondoggle since Orange Man Bad wasn't indicted because he shared info that disputes someone's assertion. He was indicted for retaining classified documents that he had no right to retain, and then lying about it and obstructing the effort to remove those documents from his possession.

It's not a surprise that the right wing disinformation machine would try to change that, and it's also not a surprise that consumers of that disinformation regurgitate it as fact. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 5

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Of course this is all a boondoggle since Orange Man Bad wasn't indicted because he shared info that disputes someone's assertion. He was indicted for retaining classified documents that he had no right to retain, and then lying about it and obstructing the effort to remove those documents from his possession.

It's not a surprise that the right wing disinformation machine would try to change that, and it's also not a surprise that consumers of that disinformation regurgitate it as fact. 

The recording is literally at the center of the charging document and has Trump on tape saying it’s classified info.  The info discussed (on tape/used by the prosecutor to get an indictment is the Milley document) isn’t right wing disinformation.  :facepalm:

You could also read those right wing media folks at NYT, New Yorker, CNN, CBS, Forbes, etc spreading all that “disinformation” :rolleyes:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1