Trump Legal Troubles

37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Which you forgot to mention is good for the country until that point! 

Well...we could FINALLY get what I have been pushing for...A law that allows us to pick our age.  Since "age is just a number" and "you are only as old as you feel" which does in fact push it to the soft sciences of a social construct.  

Get ready Little League World Series!!!!  HERE I COME!

• Haha 3
42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Which you forgot to mention is good for the country until that point! 

Yes, their steadfast dedication to originalitist jurisprudence allowing Americans to own automatic weapons - just like the Founding Fathers intended - has notoriously been good for the country. Particularly school children who's brains get patriotically plastered onto classroom walls.

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well...we could FINALLY get what I have been pushing for...A law that allows us to pick our age.  Since "age is just a number" and "you are only as old as you feel" which does in fact push it to the soft sciences of a social construct.  

Get ready Little League World Series!!!!  HERE I COME!

How many injuries are going to result in this adventure you are taking? I mean, I can play catch and jog around the bases, but that blown hammy ain't going to feel as young as you think it's going to feel.

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Or it opens up the door for Biden to play the same game - obstruct the election or don't vacate the WH if Trump wins.  For the good of the country, he could say 'We cannot allow trump to be president again. It will destroy democracy'.  So in in destroying democracy, he will save democracy.    Do I think Biden would do such a thing - absolutely not.  But the SC has opened the door to the possibility of a tyrant taking over if they rule in favor of Trump.  And slow walking the decision until after the election would show (1) Cowardness on their part & (2) Give 'aid and comfort' to an enemy of the state - Trump the would be dictator.    Now that the SC wants to weigh in on this, to elevate their status no doubt, they need to make it an emergency ruling.   A judge in Illinois has ruled against Trump being on the ballot - so there are now several states who have ballot issues on hold pending the SC decisions.  This is far worse that GWB vs Gore and the 2000 election stalemate.  

I do agree Biden is like never try that. Of the two parties, his is the one that maintains the capacity for shame, much to the detriment of the Republic. 
So we’ll probably just continue our cycle of R’s becoming more and more unfettered by any kind of guardrail or legal framework and Dems telling everyone how bad that is while having no real counter.

I obviously expect Trump to exploit every advantage he’s given and every rule or law he can bend or break in furtherance of his own agenda. So either way he will use this situation to his advantage.

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Honestly this is pretty hilarious. You have to admit, Republicans going from "Lock her up!" to "it's absolutely essential that the President be allowed to commit crimes" is quite amazing. Of course, Republican voters are immune from irony so this - like many things - is lost on them. 

Regarding SCOTUS, it's unfortunate that two of their members are openly compromised and obviously corrupt. Without a miracle, the court will be a Heritage Foundation/Federalist Society outpost for a generation. I'm not sure if or when liberal Justices will control the court again, but it's likely going to be decades.

Yeah the theory I heard bandied about this morning that I think is EXTREMELY plausible is that certain justices (pretty easy to identify Thomas and Alito) are doing this on purpose and are going to slow-walk things as much as they can because they want to retire but they want Trump to name their replacements.

Who would actually be surprised by this? Congrats America. We get what we deserve. Roberts can preside over an openly and unapologetically corrupt SCOTUS that drags the country further and further right with exclusively Trump appointed justices handpicked by the FedSoc weirdos for basically the rest of our adult lives.

How’s that for a shot of optimism? 

• TBH 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

How many injuries are going to result in this adventure you are taking? I mean, I can play catch and jog around the bases, but that blown hammy ain't going to feel as young as you think it's going to feel.

I would 100% be TERRIFIED about running full speed and stepping on first base wrong and just destroying my ankle.  

Plus then it would be weird to cry in front of the "kids" on the team.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I do agree Biden is like never try that. Of the two parties, his is the one that maintains the capacity for shame, much to the detriment of the Republic. 
So we’ll probably just continue our cycle of R’s becoming more and more unfettered by any kind of guardrail or legal framework and Dems telling everyone how bad that is while having no real counter.

I obviously expect Trump to exploit every advantage he’s given and every rule or law he can bend or break in furtherance of his own agenda. So either way he will use this situation to his advantage.

Yeah the theory I heard bandied about this morning that I think is EXTREMELY plausible is that certain justices (pretty easy to identify Thomas and Alito) are doing this on purpose and are going to slow-walk things as much as they can because they want to retire but they want Trump to name their replacements.

Who would actually be surprised by this? Congrats America. We get what we deserve. Roberts can preside over an openly and unapologetically corrupt SCOTUS that drags the country further and further right with exclusively Trump appointed justices handpicked by the FedSoc weirdos for basically the rest of our adult lives.

You can say that again!

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

teach ain’t afraid to throw up and in at 4th graders, man. That plate is HIS and those punks are gonna know it.

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yes, their steadfast dedication to originalitist jurisprudence allowing Americans to own automatic weapons - just like the Founding Fathers intended - has notoriously been good for the country. Particularly school children who's brains get patriotically plastered onto classroom walls.

This is why we should get paid a lot more.  I think we can all agree on that.

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes, their steadfast dedication to originalitist jurisprudence allowing Americans to own automatic weapons

Ah yes.   If you or the person you bought said weapon from owned it 38 yrs ago and the sale was approved by ATF this would be true I guess. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Honestly this is pretty hilarious. You have to admit, Republicans going from "Lock her up!" to "it's absolutely essential that the President be allowed to commit crimes" is quite amazing. Of course, Republican voters are immune from irony so this - like many things - is lost on them. 

Regarding SCOTUS, it's unfortunate that two of their members are openly compromised and obviously corrupt. Without a miracle, the court will be a Heritage Foundation/Federalist Society outpost for a generation. I'm not sure if or when liberal Justices will control the court again, but it's likely going to be decades.

Which two? Thomas and...?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Ah yes.   If you or the person you bought said weapon from owned it 38 yrs ago and the sale was approved by ATF this would be true I guess. 

I forget that their brains are being blown out by non-automatic weapons that are easily modified or just fire really fast after being legally purchased, my apologies.