The Republican Utopia

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The level of funding. Yes. That's the entire point. What's yours?

My point is that someone talks about not finding an agency that literally does get funding, then after me pointing it out three times finally admits they do get funding.   Oh and that the tax code sucks and being re-written would increase revenue and decrease IRS expenses………

God forbid, we fund the agency to make sure people pay their taxes

God forbid...don't fund the agency that make sure that happens.  That would be totally un-'merican. 

They currently ARE funded so we really don’t need to “God forbid”.  The level of funding is the question.  Plus a simpler tax code would require less resources to make sure all comply with it 

Bull s#!t.  They are not

man’s then finally…….

Of course they get funding.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Hopefully she's actually changed for the better.

But easily getting sucked into bs on the internet should be disqualifying for any person in government.  What's going to stop her from falling for the next line of crap?

An educated guess here: the RNC understands that Marjorie Taylor Greene is not going away, and has quickly become one of the main faces of the party. Marge is digging her newfound power and used it to leverage a major appointment from Kevin McCarthy in return for her endorsement. Both the RNC and Marge recognize the advantage of putting lipstick on this particular pig, and MJG has been working with media consultants on crafting an image and narrative that lets her be the slightly less divisive liaison between the freedom caucus extremists and the party regulars. 

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My point is that someone talks about not finding an agency that literally does get funding, then after me pointing it out three times finally admits they do get funding.   Oh and that the tax code sucks and being re-written would increase revenue and decrease IRS expenses………

God forbid...don't fund the agency that make sure that happens.  That would be totally un-'merican. 

They currently ARE funded so we really don’t need to “God forbid”.  The level of funding is the question.  Plus a simpler tax code would require less resources to make sure all comply with it 

Bull s#!t.  They are not

man’s then finally…….

I don't really want to pay any more taxes.  

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Bull s#!t.  They are not

man’s then finally…….

JFC.  Is anyone really saying the IRS currently gets zero funding? Any chance the actual conversation is about increased funding so the IRS could enforce the existing tax laws that you agree is our duty to pay, while awaiting a the long, consequence-filled process of revamping the tax code? 

Is the more pertinent story that the current GOP — in its selective vilification of the federal government -- has cast specific agencies like the IRS and FBI as pawns of a partisan Democratic agenda?  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

while awaiting a the long, consequence-filled process of revamping the tax code? 

JFC, does anyone think this will change in our lifetimes based on the lying, virtue signaling our politicians currently do in regards to the current tax situation.  LOL. 

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is the more pertinent story that the current GOP — in its selective vilification of the federal government -- has cast specific agencies like the IRS and FBI as pawns of a partisan Democratic agenda?

Not sure about pawns, but they did target Republicans on a biased way.  That’s not in dispute by anyone but the extreme left at this point. People literally got fired for it.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Jed He could donate/prepay more than a lifetimes worth to the treasury at anytime.  If he hasn’t then does he truuuuly want to pay more taxes?   Me thinks the oil Barron does not.  

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Bull s#!t.  They are not

man’s then finally…….

You're doing what you always do. Instead of having an intelligent conversation, you pick out one small point and head off in a direction that is meaningless to the conversation.  Obviously, they get some funding.  They are drastically UNDER funded.  Which, you knew was my point....but, since you really don't have any decent argument, you choose to go in this direction.

The Republican party has decided to demonize the IRS and block funding to allow them to hire the people they need hired.  That's the topic at hand.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

the republicans say the house is full of crooked democrats.   

they also say they are going to cut the office of congressional ethics.  

something doesn't add up there.  

i think it feels more like the guys who spray paint the security camera lens as soon as they break into the store.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You're doing what you always do. Instead of having an intelligent conversation, you pick out one small point and head off in a direction that is meaningless to the conversation

Akshully it is you that is doing what you accuse me of doing.   My initial post you replied to had nothing to do with irs funding yet you replied to it with a snide comment of “god forbid we don’t fund…”.  It is YOU that took my post in a direction it wasn’t intended and YOU not wanting to an intelligent conversation with god forbid stuff. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

JFC, does anyone think this will change in our lifetimes based on the lying, virtue signaling our politicians currently do in regards to the current tax situation.  LOL. 

So in summary: we should decrease funding of the IRS while awaiting a simper tax code that will never happen. 

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

...but, since you really don't have any decent argument, you choose to go in this direction

I literally give you 2 tax options OTHER than the current one to discuss which could alleviate 2 problems but you wanted to just keep saying the IRS isn’t funded.  Hmmmmm

• TBH 1