The Republican Utopia

17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is something I can get behind.  Gotta give the man credit when credit is due.  Good on you Gov Desantis and Florida.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/25/tech/florida-social-media-law-age/index.html

While I agree with social media bans for children, tik tok has fried the brains of a generation - let's not forget that Facebook has had a similar effect on Boomers. The elderly are entirely unprepared for AI deepfakes, voice generation, or any number of the things they're going to be subjected to in the future. 

• TBH 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:47 PM, TGHusker said:

Where is the Jim Nantz voice over?

I don't think he was putting.  Weight forward, on the fringe/rough, that is a little bump and run.

I do that with a 7 iron all the time.

But I also break 100 :)

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I don't think he was putting.  Weight forward, on the fringe/rough, that is a little bump and run.

I do that with a 7 iron all the time.

But I also break 100 :)

I am sure by the end of the round, Trump's card somehow records a 72 or lower:smokin

• Fire 1

So, I decided to look at this more.  It appears that on March 26th, the price shot up and the volume increased.

I wonder who was buying.  Was it just a bunch of MAGAts that decided to pump their life savings into the savior?  Was it foreign investors?  Or, did somehow, wall street actually find some form of value in this dumpster fire?

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I decided to look at this more.  It appears that on March 26th, the price shot up and the volume increased.

I wonder who was buying.  Was it just a bunch of MAGAts that decided to pump their life savings into the savior?  Was it foreign investors?  Or, did somehow, wall street actually find some form of value in this dumpster fire?

It's interesting. Orange Man Bad can't sell his shares for six months per an agreement. It'll be interesting to see if a company that's hemorrhaging money, with a tiny user base, is enough to keep that obviously inflated price that high for six months. 

The other problem is, for Orange Man Bad to realize any profits he'd have to sell his shares, but without his involvement what's the point of the app? There's every likelihood that as soon as he announces he's cashing in, the price plummets and he realizes a tiny fraction of that grossly inflated value. 

• Plus1 1