The Republican Utopia

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, unfortunately Aaron isn’t letting his readers understand the concept of a change in crime reporting statistics during that time and the rate at which they had been converted over.  

Where is the proof crime is skyrocketing?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where is the proof crime is skyrocketing?

I don't have a chart or graph but out here in Omaha things that were never locked up before and were never behind plastic are now locked up and are now behind plastic.  

I can only imagine two reasons for that.

1.  Because they were getting ripped off

2.  Because they are taking preventative measures to not get ripped off.

I know, I know...I have not been to every single store in Omaha and I know, i know, this is anecdotal.  But this probably includes at 10 different stores.  Walmart and Target stores only.  I have not seen this done at HyVee, because at Hy-Vee they are the ones doing the ripping off.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't have a chart or graph but out here in Omaha things that were never locked up before and were never behind plastic are now locked up and are now behind plastic.  

I can only imagine two reasons for that.

1.  Because they were getting ripped off

2.  Because they are taking preventative measures to not get ripped off.

I know, I know...I have not been to every single store in Omaha and I know, i know, this is anecdotal.  But this probably includes at 10 different stores.  Walmart and Target stores only.  I have not seen this done at HyVee, because at Hy-Vee they are the ones doing the ripping off.

I thought this only happened in California because we were soft on crime. 

Fun fact: I had to buy a diuretic at Walgreens for my colonoscopy (anyone else here over 50?) and discovered that unlike all sorts of over-the-counter medications, the diuretics were kept locked up. Why? I asked. High school girls who wanted to lose weight shoplifted them out of shame. 

• Worth a Look 1
31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fun fact: I had to buy a diuretic at Walgreens for my colonoscopy (anyone else here over 50?) and discovered that unlike all sorts of over-the-counter medications, the diuretics were kept locked up. Why? I asked. High school girls who wanted to lose weight shoplifted them out of shame. 

Yes!!!  I have heard about that!

that is nuts!

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Mine was a prescription pack. Powder form mixes with propel.   Not over 50 though 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The messianic complex seems to be going around in MAGA circles.  Totally healthy outlook on life. Jim Jones might be a little envious though.  

• Haha 1