The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Are the people that live in SD happy with her?  

SD is one of those states that you never hear much about. 

My 94 year old dad thinks she's great.  But then again, he thinks the election was stolen too. 

• TBH 1

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My 94 year old dad thinks she's great.  But then again, he thinks the election was stolen too. 

Yeah...SD seems like similar to Nebraska in that, as long as there's an R behind their name, they are most awesomest politician on the planet.

31 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Are the people that live in SD happy with her?  

SD is one of those states that you never hear much about. 

To be fair, most Americans are extremely happy with their governor. Most states lean heavily Democratic or Republican, and therefore choose the party that represents them. Kristi Noem is extremely popular in SD, with a net approval rating +20.3 (58.6 approve, 38.3 disapprove). While those are good numbers, it ranks 23rd. Slightly higher than average.

It should be noted that the only Governor with an underwater approval rating is Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves (R). Mississippi is already by far the poorest state in the country, Reeves has been involved in a few scandals, notably a welfare fraud scandal. This scandal also involved Brett Farve, where welfare money was used to fund a Volleyball Stadium at the University of Southern Mississippi. All told, even with tremendous baggage, Reeves won reelection and has a favorability rating of only -4.1.

In short, it takes a lot for voters to dislike their governors. As long as they don't get involved in serious scandals or are unlucky enough to be governor during an economic downtown, they enjoy being liked by their voters almost no matter what.

When you've lost Newsmax...

NEWSMAX HOST ROB FINNERTY: If you asked me a month ago who's at the top of the list to run with Donald Trump, I would've said your name. If you asked me that same question this morning, I don't even think you're on the list.

NOEM: Really? And why is that?

FINNERTY: It's because of things that came out in this book, like your claims that you met Kim Jong Un.

NOEM: I've been to the DMZ.

FINNERTY: Governor, that never happened, did it?

NOEM: What I have said in the book is that when I became aware of the content, we had it changed. I should not have put that anecdote in the book. I am not going to talk about my meetings.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

When you've lost Newsmax...

NEWSMAX HOST ROB FINNERTY: If you asked me a month ago who's at the top of the list to run with Donald Trump, I would've said your name. If you asked me that same question this morning, I don't even think you're on the list.

NOEM: Really? And why is that?

FINNERTY: It's because of things that came out in this book, like your claims that you met Kim Jong Un.

NOEM: I've been to the DMZ.

FINNERTY: Governor, that never happened, did it?

NOEM: What I have said in the book is that when I became aware of the content, we had it changed. I should not have put that anecdote in the book. I am not going to talk about my meetings.

Wait till he figures out all the other stuff the Republican party and Trump have told him is a lie.

• TBH 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait till he figures out all the other stuff the Republican party and Trump have told him is a lie.

I can think of one Republican who paid any type of price for rank dishonesty: George Santos. And his dishonestly was breathtaking, staggering, otherworldly level dishonesty. By and large their voters will not penalize them for it. 

Going to be hilarious if Noem winds up being the second.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn't it fun that they spend so much time and effort on yet another made up issue?

This is just "War on Christmas" repackaged.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1