The Republican Utopia

I wish I could say this is the stupidest line of thought Republicans have tried to convince their followers about....but.....

If you believe this s#!t.....what secret documents do you illegally hold in your house that you think the FBI is going to come after?

Ironically, this was the next tweet in my feed.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is a fine thread, but I'm really curious to see how it would play if we took the title to heart.

Input from living, breathing, voting Republicans would help.

Based on your political and by extension social beliefs, what would a GOP utopia look like and how would it operate?

It was originally so titled because the Republicans had the Senate, House, and presidency. And then someone who is a little slow made Democrat Utopia because he didn’t understand the topic but I guess it’s applicable now. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wish I could say this is the stupidest line of thought Republicans have tried to convince their followers about....but.....

If you believe this s#!t.....what secret documents do you illegally hold in your house that you think the FBI is going to come after?

Ironically, this was the next tweet in my feed.

I mean, I view it from a different angle. Of course the FBI can search anyone’s house (with cause). That’s not a new thing. And it should be heartening that a former president isn’t above the law. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is a fine thread, but I'm really curious to see how it would play if we took the title to heart.

Input from living, breathing, voting Republicans would help.

Based on your political and by extension social beliefs, what would a GOP utopia look like and how would it operate?

I think Republican voters would generally disagree with the bats#!t stuff that winds up here. These voters will keep re-electing this insanity, but I'd argue it has more to do with said voters being disengaged rather than supporting what the elected officials are doing. If you don't plug yourself in and stay informed then all you catch are a few glimpses of your candidate, at most.

It's also possible that I'm looking for good in humanity that isn't there.

35 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I think Republican voters would generally disagree with the bats#!t stuff that winds up here. These voters will keep re-electing this insanity, but I'd argue it has more to do with said voters being disengaged rather than supporting what the elected officials are doing. If you don't plug yourself in and stay informed then all you catch are a few glimpses of your candidate, at most.

It's also possible that I'm looking for good in humanity that isn't there.

So, party politics.