The Republican Utopia

12 hours ago, mrandyk said:

I think Republican voters would generally disagree with the bats#!t stuff that winds up here. These voters will keep re-electing this insanity, but I'd argue it has more to do with said voters being disengaged rather than supporting what the elected officials are doing. If you don't plug yourself in and stay informed then all you catch are a few glimpses of your candidate, at most.

It's also possible that I'm looking for good in humanity that isn't there.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's the opposite. The GOP is getting traction from the bats#!t sector of Americans, many of whom were non-voters but now feel engaged because the bats#!t-speaking candidates are feeding them. Historically outnumbered by registered Democrats, the Republicans aren't inclined to turn away anybody.

I had expected a response about low-taxes, small government, sensible immigration, and pro-entrepreneurial incentives, but it's not really about that anymore, is it. .

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, I'm afraid it's the opposite. The GOP is getting traction from the bats#!t sector of Americans, many of whom were non-voters but now feel engaged because the bats#!t-speaking candidates are feeding them. Historically outnumbered by registered Democrats, the Republicans aren't inclined to turn away anybody.

I had expected a response about low-taxes, small government, sensible immigration, and pro-entrepreneurial incentives, but it's not really about that anymore, is it. .

The only still proud GOP members here have made it clear that folks like McCain, Bush, Cheney, Romney or anyone else that would hold those beliefs should no longer be supported by the party.  Not because they support conservative policy, but because....well, they never really told us why...  (but it's pretty easy to assume.)

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The only still proud GOP members here have made it clear that folks like McCain, Bush, Cheney, Romney or anyone else that would hold those beliefs should no longer be supported by the party.  Not because they support conservative policy, but because....well, they never really told us why...  (but it's pretty easy to assume.)

It's a class war being sold as a culture war. That's why we only hear about the culture war. 

• Plus1 2

And this is the front runner to be the Republican nominee to be President.....is that right @Archy1221 ?

First, campaigning with Vance should be a major strike 1.

Second, and third strikes should be his total incompetence about the constitutional right to a free press.

So, we really want another President that doesn't give a s#!t about the constitution?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And this is the front runner to be the Republican nominee to be President.....is that right @Archy1221 ?

First, campaigning with Vance should be a major strike 1.

Second, and third strikes should be his total incompetence about the constitutional right to a free press.

So, we really want another President that doesn't give a s#!t about the constitution?

Sure.   

Whether we like how they handled the press or not, they didn’t trample on any constitutional rights of the press.  You may want to re-evaluate your sentence.   It seemed to be a private event, therefore, they get to decide who to let in and the rules of the event.  

Constitutional right to a feee press doesn’t believe Cleveland.com to do whatever they please at a private event.  Sorry they got their feelings hurt, but thems the rules.  

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1

I think about this every time I see someone mock attempts to mitigate environmental damage, or dismiss things like The Green New Deal outright because of its author. 

Republicans are burning this planet alive in an attempt to enrich a small group of elites. These voters are digging their own graves, merrily owning the libs. 

• Thanks 2
59 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sure.   

Whether we like how they handled the press or not, they didn’t trample on any constitutional rights of the press.  You may want to re-evaluate your sentence.   It seemed to be a private event, therefore, they get to decide who to let in and the rules of the event.  

Constitutional right to a feee press doesn’t believe Cleveland.com to do whatever they please at a private event.  Sorry they got their feelings hurt, but thems the rules.  

Nope...no reason to re-evaluate.

You must have missed the part where the press isn't even allowed to interview people at their hotels.  

And....the press must submit the footage to the campaigns.

Sorry......that is not a free press and.....that doesn't have anything to do with a private event.  These idiots are campaigning to be elected to public life and they are scared of the press and don't give a s#!t about the constitution.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1