The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

For the life of me, I will never figure out why republicans have a problem with her having a doctorate degree. 

Other than they don’t like educated people. 

Headline is a bit different than the story though.   From the article…..

“It’s probable that Gutfeld was being sarcastic”

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Headline is a bit different than the story though.   From the article…..

“It’s probable that Gutfeld was being sarcastic”

They have had a problem with her claiming to be Dr. Biden for a long time.  Their opinion on it is idiotic and just shows how much the despise Democrats who actually have an education.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They have had a problem with her claiming to be Dr. Biden for a long time.  Their opinion on it is idiotic and just shows how much the despise Democrats who actually have an education.

The first sentence is different than the headline of the piece shared though which is all I wanted to get across.   People can have whatever opinion they want in regards to calling a highly educated teacher Dr. Or not.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dr. Biden also has ladyparts, unlike Dr. Sebastian Gorka. 

• TBH 2

On 6/12/2023 at 11:09 AM, JJ Husker said:

Please point us to where smoking crack legally is part of progressive policy? It needs to be from a credible source and not just some proposal by a lone crackpot (pun intended).

https://nypost.com/2023/05/18/majority-of-voters-in-oregon-regret-decriminalizing-drugs-survey/amp/

https://nypost.com/2021/10/09/progressive-drug-laws-are-killing-people-in-us-cities/amp/

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I think we can both agree that bastions of the far left like Oregon and San Francisco shouldn’t be taken too seriously. And hey, there’s more than one way to solve the dangerous drug problem. Like the 2nd article said, extreme liberal drug policies are contributing to deaths. I don’t see a huge problem when Darwin helps solve the problem.

But I also wouldn’t consider these isolated places as representing official progressive policy. Many on the left fringe are just as dangerous as Trumpers, MTG and their ilk.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think we can both agree that bastions of the far left like Oregon and San Francisco shouldn’t be taken too seriously. And hey, there’s more than one way to solve the dangerous drug problem. Like the 2nd article said, extreme liberal drug policies are contributing to deaths. I don’t see a huge problem when Darwin helps solve the problem.

But I also wouldn’t consider these isolated places as representing official progressive policy. Many on the left fringe are just as dangerous as Trumpers, MTG and their ilk.

It's counter-intuitive to many, but some decriminalization and controlled drug access policies have worked in various countries and cities for decades, especially as they were a response to criminalization policies that weren't working at all. They never increased overall drug use, but attempted to contain habitual users who were typically intersecting with social services already. 

San Francisco absolutely has to get its s#!t together and homelessness/street drugs is the #1 issue for the city. They already recalled the progressive DA and the surprisingly moderate Mayor just launched new tough-on-drugs law enforcement. We'll see. Policing policies can only do so much without housing, mental health, and addiction services back up, especially in cities that attract transients. Others say the turning point was simply fentanyl. It's arrival on the street changed everything. 

I think people clucking about the drug problem in Democrat controlled big cities may want to consider the opioid and meth crisis that has swept through rural America, small towns, and red counties. If we took drug addiction -- and depression -- as a whole, maybe America could come up with a non-partisan solution. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's counter-intuitive to many, but some decriminalization and controlled drug access policies have worked in various countries and cities for decades, especially as they were a response to criminalization policies that weren't working at all. They never increased overall drug use, but attempted to contain habitual users who were typically intersecting with social services already. 

San Francisco absolutely has to get its s#!t together and homelessness/street drugs is the #1 issue for the city. They already recalled the progressive DA and the surprisingly moderate Mayor just launched new tough-on-drugs law enforcement. We'll see. Policing policies can only do so much without housing, mental health, and addiction services back up, especially in cities that attract transients. Others say the turning point was simply fentanyl. It's arrival on the street changed everything. 

I think people clucking about the drug problem in Democrat controlled big cities may want to consider the opioid and meth crisis that has swept through rural America, small towns, and red counties. If we took drug addiction -- and depression -- as a whole, maybe America could come up with a non-partisan solution. 

I believe I have also heard that some countries that decriminalized drugs decades ago are starting to criminalize it again to some degree.  Drugs are such a horrible problem for society that there has to be some level of criminality with it.

Problem is, when looking at homelessness in cities and the drug problem associated with it, I am to the point where I think the only solution is to round all of them up and house them in a humane facility of some kind that has social services necessary to deal with them.  Either they eventually OD and die or they realize they need help and get it....because it's provided to them.  

Now....that sounds extremely expensive.  But, it's mind boggling to think what it costs these cities to deal with these issues and everyone has to deal with the crime issues that go along with it.

The drug problem in rural areas is a serious issue.  If a person gets bad enough, they could end up in one of these facilities also.

And...yes....I understand that, at least in the beginning, these facilities are going to house huge numbers of people.  But....the problem is so bad, drastic measures need to be done.

This is also just how to deal with the end users.  I firmly believe that people caught trying to transport large amounts of drugs and distribute them, should be held heavily accountable.