Immigration Ban

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

People are going to kill. They have since the start of time and that will never end. It doesn't matter their race or religion. I think the hard part to fathom in this situation is that it was 100% preventable if we didn't let illegals into the United States. Maybe the 'right' way to come over needs some changes, but you can't just show up and expect to have the same rights as a citizen. 

Wait....so you are FOR chain migration?

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Or open borders. It's poppyc$%k, but it terrifies the base and it's effective. We've seen people (a person) repeating that myth right here on HuskerBoard.

No myth. Just sad reality. People here were lamenting the fact that an illegal immigrant wanted for homicide was inconvenienced by being arrested while driving his wife to the hospital. The DNC Vice-Chairhas been seen wearing a shirt that calls for the elimination of national borders. This is ‘t make-be;ieve. Real people believe in this nonsense. #SAD

• Thanks 1
Just now, Ric Flair said:

No myth. Just sad reality. People here were lamenting the fact that an illegal immigrant wanted for homicide was inconvenienced by being arrested while driving his wife to the hospital. The DNC Vice-Chairhas been seen wearing a shirt that calls for the elimination of national borders. This is ‘t make-be;ieve. Real people believe in this nonsense. #SAD

Then prove it. Show us a picture of the DNC Vice Chair wearing a shirt that calls for the elimination of national borders.  It's a world full of cell phone cameras. If they were wearing that shirt in front of people, there's evidence.  Show the evidence.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Except no one actually said that. The argument is over whether there was a warrant or not.

And note how Ric attempts to deflect from the consequences of missing the birth of his son with the word "inconvenienced".

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Except no one actually said that. The argument is over whether there was a warrant or not.

And note how Ric attempts to deflect from the consequences of missing the birth of his son with the word "inconvenienced".

No, the hand wringing was over the poor guy being arrested while taking his wife to the hospital simply because he’s here illegally.

when ICE pointed out he was arrested because he’s wanted in connection with a homicide, multiple people here indicated they don’t trust ICE, ICE was probably lying, and that claim was probably just a pretext to arrest the guy.

I don’t frankly care is someone here illegally misses the birth of his son because he’s arrested for being here illegally. The solution to that problem is to not come here illegally in the first place. But when the guy is wanted in connection to a murder? And you’re still upset with ICE for interfering with his agility to see his kid be born? At that point, you’ve simply lost touch with reality.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t frankly care is someone here illegally misses the birth of his son because he’s arrested for being here illegally.

I guess some of us have some humanity and recognize that which side of an imaginary line you're living on isn't as important as the birth of your children.

And as for the rest of the rant, I've said several times that if there was a warrant for his arrest, then I'm ok with them arresting him, so you can stop with the strawman.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I guess some of us have some humanity and recognize that which side of an imaginary line you're living on isn't as important as the birth of your children.

And as for the rest of the rant, I've said several times that if there was a warrant for his arrest, then I'm ok with them arresting him, so you can stop with the strawman.

Borders are imaginary lines...got it. Hey @knapplc, there’s yet more evidence of someone who doesn’t believe in borders. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

LOL

That's a band's shirt. It's like wearing a Che Guevara shirt.  You can buy one here:

https://lascafeteras.bandcamp.com/merch/no-fronteras-tee-black

You know wearing a band's tour shirt doesn't equate to making policy, right?

Right?

Because, near as I can tell, Keith Ellison hasn't promulgated any laws to end America's borders. 

Right?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Borders are imaginary lines...got it. Hey @knapplc, there’s yet more evidence of someone who doesn’t believe in borders. 

Oh ffs, you understand the difference between the physical and the abstract, don't you? Or do you think there's real lines drawn on the earth and sea?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Oh ffs, you understand the difference between the physical and the abstract, don't you? Or do you think there's real lines drawn on the earth and sea?

Are the lines imaginary or do they matter? Do you believe borders matter or not?

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

LOL

That's a band's shirt. It's like wearing a Che Guevara shirt.  You can buy one here:

https://lascafeteras.bandcamp.com/merch/no-fronteras-tee-black

You know wearing a band's tour shirt doesn't equate to making policy, right?

Right?

Because, near as I can tell, Keith Ellison hasn't promulgated any laws to end America's borders. 

Right?

And what message do you think he was conveying?

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, ZRod said:

So, you're not going to actually read the article and have a discussion. Got it. Remind me again why I should listen to your complaints about one sidedness when you are the one with deaf ears?

Next there is no record of Stalin ever giving that quote

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/14/ben-carson/ben-carson-flubs-stalin-quote-about-bringing-down-/

And lastly, you forgot to include in your ignorant rant Helen Keller, Jane Adams, and future Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter as founders.

Nothing like a little name calling to brighten my day. Was going out for the evening and didn't have time to spend reading the article. Also these 12 hour days tend do dull my reading appetite somewhat. But please continue on with politifact as your barometer of truth and fact.

32 minutes ago, hskerprid said:

Nothing like a little name calling to brighten my day. Was going out for the evening and didn't have time to spend reading the article. Also these 12 hour days tend do dull my reading appetite somewhat. But please continue on with politifact as your barometer of truth and fact.

That's not name calling big guy. I'm referring to your statement, not you. And ignorance isn't a name it's a state of being. Don't make excuses for yourself when you chose to not read the article but blurt out your preconceived notions about it.

Cheers to those 10 hour days :cheers I've been doing 10 and 11. It's not manual labor, but a lot of travel.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And what message do you think he was conveying?

That he's a fan of Las Cafeteras.

I mean... does this look like a group of horrific subversives to you?

E5Ddi6L.jpg

OK, so I did some research on this subversive group, Las Cafeteras.  These guys are pretty hard core, not quite MS13 but... like MS11 or 12. Maybe MS8 on a nice day.

Here's one of their most popular recruitment videos. NSFW/NSFL.

Don't let the kids watch this. I don't want to do any recruiting for these caballeros.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Are the lines imaginary or do they matter? Do you believe borders matter or not?

The lines are imaginary and they matter. I believe borders do matter, but I understand that they're just a concept of dividing human societies up geographically.  I also believe being at the birth of one's child is far more important than whether someone lives on one side or the other of that border. Time enough to decide whether they should get to stay or have to go after the birth has been attended and the child is cared for.