Immigration Ban

Why is the media not mentioning that the 'caravan' is over a 1000 miles away?  There are families with kids walking in this.  Even if they can put in 20 miles a day, which would be exhausting, it would take over 50 consecutive days of walking to make it to the border. 

I say they deserve to get into the country if they can make that journey. 

• Plus1 3

There are no good answers in all of this. This will hurt places like Tijuana the most since they don't have the infrastructure to handle this type of influx of people. And yes, there aren't just people from Central and South America that are trying to cross our southern boarder. Individuals from Caribbean, Africa, and  Asia have traveled to Brazil and then to Tijuana. 

I will say, if you guys get a chance to go to places like Tijuana and talk to some people, it can change your views about a lot of things. All this is very sad and the political ugliness has only made it worse. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hypothetical: foreign woman gets to the U.S., gets pregnant a few years later. Becomes a citizen 3 years later. She’s a citizen and the baby is not. Child gets kicked out of the country. Woman needs to go with child but isn’t allowed to enter the foreign country as a citizen of the U.S.

• Plus1 2

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

How this is even a thing amazes me....

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Also, isn’t this how Trump’s dad became a citizen? Dunno whether his grandpa was a citizen before his dad was born.

This is what I was thinking about. Will this also apply/be enforced upon white Europeans, or just Latinos and Muslims?