Immigration Ban

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep...blubbering idiot.

that's why he won't shut it down....he is doing it for the political drama.   trump loves being the drama queen.   his followers love their drama so he provides it.    it's either that or he is full on bat s#!t crazy.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep...blubbering idiot.

There is a lot that goes on in Mexico. A majority of your stitching for amrests, steering wheels, grab handles is done in Mexico. Pretty much every wire harness is made there for the auto industry and aerospace. Some airbags are made there. Most companies have operations for molding, stamping and vehicle assembly down there in some capacity. Many more ship goods to Mexico where value added work is done, then the parts are shipped back to the US for final assembly. It would be a complete disaster if he did this. You would cost plants here in the US millions of dollars everyday. You would reach a billion dollar impact on the economy in no time.

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great....the "law and order President" is going to get rid of judges.  

The guy is a true genius.  

I think we're so jaded by his lack of a vocabulary and descriptive words longer than 4 letters, that we may have missed his point. The processing system does seem to be dependent on availability of judges to make rulings, and that may create a notable bottle neck. Now is getting rid of the due process that judges create the right thing to do? No, but he has identified an actual problem (something he's not bad at doing). His solution is probably unconstitutional (as his solutions often are).

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

There is a lot that goes on in Mexico. A majority of your stitching for amrests, steering wheels, grab handles is done in Mexico. Pretty much every wire harness is made there for the auto industry and aerospace. Some airbags are made there. Most companies have operations for molding, stamping and vehicle assembly down there in some capacity. Many more ship goods to Mexico where value added work is done, then the parts are shipped back to the US for final assembly. It would be a complete disaster if he did this. You would cost plants here in the US millions of dollars everyday. You would reach a billion dollar impact on the economy in no time.

Good thing I bought my pickup when I did

Dramatic videos of the desperation at the boarder of migrants trying to cross into the USA.  YES we really need to fear these people.  :sarcasm

Congress has got to do something to address this issue with reason and compassion. We need proper security but we also need to deal with the poverty and

govt issues in our hemisphere that are promoting this exodus from central American countries.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/ap/dramatic-border-video-with-kids-surfaces-amid-crossing-surge/article_2aec4780-55ae-11e9-9102-c3d91c5e8e07.html

17 hours ago, ZRod said:

My company does castings in Mexico and ships them to our plant here in Tulsa to finish and ship. Most of our customer's require USA origin  - so this could put the screws on us pretty tightly.  But we all know Trump is the smartest man in the room:sarcasm

23 hours ago, commando said:

that's why he won't shut it down....he is doing it for the political drama.   trump loves being the drama queen.   his followers love their drama so he provides it.    it's either that or he is full on bat s#!t crazy.

I think we've already established the latter<_<

18 hours ago, knapplc said:

To the people who continue to support Trump and the work his administration is doing - read this.

Yes, we are to fear these people.  You know the 'faith and family or family values' party should be applauding the valiant steps these parents are taking to protect their families. These are the kind of citizens we need - strong in 'family values'.   The GOP is also the pro-life party - well they are failing to be so wt 'the least of these' - the stranger in our midst. 

Regarding the bold below -- every American needs to ask this question  What kind of country do we want the USA to be?  But we can only answer this after we ask this question -        What kind of person do I want to be?    These aren't abstract far off policy decisions made in DC.  Each policy/political position we take is a reflection of "Who I am or Who I aspire to become" decisions made by each of us individually.   Personally I'd rather stand with the least of these than to stand wt those who are politically secure in their smug, gated, purist, political theology that isolates them from the least among us.  The former involves risks but enlarges the heart, the latter is safe and produces a cold heart. 

From the Bible  1John 3: 16-23

16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we [d]know that we are of the truth, and shall [e]assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave [f]us commandment.

From the Article:

When I asked to be let into this country because my family was in mortal danger, a Border Patrol agent told me I was weak. That it would be better if I went to Canada. “I don’t care if one of your kids dies,” he said. I wonder what that agent would have done if someone had threatened to murder his children. Wouldn’t he have risked everything to ensure their safety?

As the United States decides what kind of country it wants to be, Americans need to reckon with the humanitarian crisis the current administration has created and what these policies have done to families like ours who have come here seeking protection.

• Plus1 2