What would make people feel less ostracized from P&R?

I think the conservative posters on this board would feel less excluded if they just admitted that they were wrong about Trump. Admit that the man is crazy, and has absolutely no clue how to run a government, or manage equal egos around the globe. I consider myself an Independent, with a slight conservative lean (Voted for Obama both terms, however). As a Republican, you can say that Trump may stand for your party, but he doesn't stand for you personally. Denouncing Trump isn't to side with the left, it's to side with America, at this point.

At this point, I think a lot of Trump "supporters" prefer to give everyone the double-bird and spout off on how great things are, just because "their team won".

• Fire 3

Just the way you worded what is in bold means you are clearly looking for a reason to pounce.

To defend means you have been attacked.

You are asking for arguments not to be challenged ("attacked"?). A discussion forum isn't the place for that.

I said attacked...not challenged. Big difference.

Also, we need a word count. Period.

I think the conservative posters on this board would feel less excluded if they just admitted that they were wrong about Trump. Admit that the man is crazy, and has absolutely no clue how to run a government, or manage equal egos around the globe. I consider myself an Independent, with a slight conservative lean (Voted for Obama both terms, however). As a Republican, you can say that Trump may stand for your party, but he doesn't stand for you personally. Denouncing Trump isn't to side with the left, it's to side with America, at this point.

At this point, I think a lot of Trump "supporters" prefer to give everyone the double-bird and spout off on how great things are, just because "their team won".

Their ignorance is astounding, really. A lack of success in life because of racism, or "systematic equality" isn't something I put a lot of stock into (I think circumstances that some African-Americans find themselves in are as much an indictment on their culture, as anything else), BUT, I have no doubt that Trump's election, and his supporter's reaction to his candidacy, are a response to having a black President these past 8 years.... If McCain would of been our President these last 8 years you wouldn't have seen the rise of Trump.

(...)

A lack of success in life because of racism, or "systematic equality" isn't something I put a lot of stock into (I think circumstances that some African-Americans find themselves in are as much an indictment on their culture, as anything else), BUT, I have no doubt that Trump's election, and his supporter's reaction to his candidacy, are a response to having a black President these past 8 years.... If McCain would of been our President these last 8 years you wouldn't have seen the rise of Trump.

I'm of the mind that 200 years of slavery, another hundred years of segregation and denied civil rights, and inadequate and frequently challenged measures of remedy play the only meaningful role in that particular discussion.

Sorry to have attacked you ;)

(...)

A lack of success in life because of racism, or "systematic equality" isn't something I put a lot of stock into (I think circumstances that some African-Americans find themselves in are as much an indictment on their culture, as anything else), BUT, I have no doubt that Trump's election, and his supporter's reaction to his candidacy, are a response to having a black President these past 8 years.... If McCain would of been our President these last 8 years you wouldn't have seen the rise of Trump.

I'm of the mind that 200 years of slavery, another hundred years of segregation and denied civil rights, and inadequate and frequently challenged measures of remedy play the only meaningful role in that particular discussion.

Sorry to have attacked you ;)

See! That is so much better! Thank you!

Why do you feel attacked, Teach?

Honestly, I feel like answering this will create issues and I hate that. That is why I use status update thing so much.

Just jump in Teach. Everyone has an opinion, and not everyone will agree with it. But, I bet there are some that will.

• Fire 1

Why do you feel attacked, Teach?

Honestly, I feel like answering this will create issues and I hate that. That is why I use status update thing so much.

Just jump in Teach. Everyone has an opinion, and not everyone will agree with it. But, I bet there are some that will.

Yes, please. Don't be afraid that someone will tell you you're wrong. Have the courage of your convictions. Answer the questions I posed to you in post #3.

• Fire 2

I think some people are feeling ostracized because for too long they've enjoyed the comfort of their opinions and have not experienced the discomfort of thought, critical thinking and fact checking. (Roundabout JFK quote)

I think some people are feeling ostracized because they're realizing they got snowed into voting for a reality show TV star.

I think some people are feeling ostracized because they're uninformed and being called on it.

I think some people are feeling ostracized because during the campaign they could do mental gymnastics and rationalize that Trump wasn't as bad as Hillary, and now that the Hillary comparison is gone, they're now having to defend the indefensible.

I think some people are feeling ostracized because they're finally realizing that their votes have consequences

• Fire 3

Part of the problem with the P&R forum is the divisive nature of both politics and religion. You seldom see people simply explain their position in a courteous, give-and-take manner. Instead, quite a few folks feel the need to mock and belittle those who disagree with them. Scorched earth rulez!

The vitriol comes from posters on both sides of the aisle. So there's that. :lol:

• Fire 2